Other Bike Chat Discuss other makes and models of bikes made by Honda, or competing brands.

New R1

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 11:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New R1

What do you Guys, and Lady's think about the tech. put into the new R1's engine? Its along the type of a BSB motor that they use in motogp bikes.

Old 05-02-2009, 10:00 PM

ive heard its impressive, but I dont like how it sounds at all. I havent heard one in person yet, but it sounds like a ninja 500 to me. But for down low power, its suppose to be incredible, which was one area the R1 was lacking quite a bit. Its also supose to be more tractable when exiting a corner.

Along with that, I hate the styling of it. R1's have always been the best looking sportbikes out there in my opinion, until now. then again, all sportbikes are starting to look like crap to me.

Old 05-03-2009, 12:53 PM

I used to think that the R1's had the hottest styling of all the bike manufactureres, but not anymore. I think the new r1's are butt ugly.

Old 05-04-2009, 01:10 AM

not liking the new style but I've heard it in person and a couple good vids on youtube and it sounds like nothing else you've heard on the street, as they say it performs much like a cross between a v-twin and an inline-4...it sounds like a cross between the two. functionally I'm sure it's one of a kind for the street and track that you can actually buy but i couldn't like the bike very much aesthetically...maybe if it had race plastics on it lol. I look for yamaha to change the look in '10...people aren't liking the look very much and that'll get back to them.

Old 05-05-2009, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Adamavage
What do you Guys, and Lady's think about the tech. put into the new R1's engine? Its along the type of a BSB motor that they use in motogp bikes.
Would love to have this bike. It's all fly by wire, which means electronics.

The only thing I don;t like about this bike is the tail section, but that's nothing.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by bmgcya
Would love to have this bike. It's all fly by wire, which means electronics.

The only thing I don;t like about this bike is the tail section, but that's nothing.
Don't worry... all this stuff will make it's way over to Honda

Old 05-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Default Wow!!!!

At a recent bike night in Lansing, MI there was an old gentleman (I mean mid 70's if a day) that had a white and red '09 R1. This bike is SWEET! the styling, the tech, all the performance! Itused to be just tp end, but the new cam is opening up the power band. Other manufacturers will have to change their ways and try to keep up. It does sound different, which may be a bad thing to some. But personally I don't like having the same thing as everyone else. That's why I ride a Kawasaki ZX12R, and not the cookie cutter litre bikes that everyone else around here has.

Old 05-08-2009, 12:20 PM

If you ever have the pleasure to sit on one, OOHHHHH what a dream!
it seats soo comfortably, never sat on a bike with such comfort, it even beats my f4i