Other Bike Chat Discuss other makes and models of bikes made by Honda, or competing brands.

I don't like Harley's but this bike is SWEET!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 04:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I don't like Harley's but this bike is SWEET!

still not a fan i'd rather ride a VTX 1800C or a M109R. Have you ever seen the guys on the road with V-rods? Locally they try to race anything and everything, same with the Buel guys. Its hilarious! They always underestimate the metric sport bikes.

Old 09-21-2007, 05:22 PM

Have you guys seen the new 08 BUEL 1125 R ? 146 hp, liquid cooled, 72degreeV-twin wish I was better at this computer $hit I would post up pics, the motor is actually a Rotax"Helicon"from Austria sounds like Erik Buel is steering away from Harley motors The bike is actually pretty bad *** [&:]

Old 09-22-2007, 04:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

heres a weird statment I made a few days ago,
when talking about my search for a YamahaWarrior & recently noticedjus how simularv-rod is in styling
"I am leaning torwards the Harley becauseits water cooled, where the metric is air cooled"

Old 09-23-2007, 04:09 AM

ORIGINAL: city worker

Have you guys seen the new 08 BUEL 1125 R ? 146 hp, liquid cooled, 72degreeV-twin wish I was better at this computer $hit I would post up pics, the motor is actually a Rotax"Helicon"from Austria sounds like Erik Buel is steering away from Harley motors The bike is actually pretty bad *** [&:]
I've seen it and have also read about it. IDK what to think. Mr. Buel keeps trying so hard to compete with the "Big 4". To me, when you're looking at it head-on, it looks like a hammerhead shark.

Old 09-23-2007, 08:15 PM

The V-Rod shouldn't be looked apon as a Hardly Ableson. Harley knew they didn't have an engine up to par, so they contracted Porsche of all companies to help design it. DOHC baby...

Old 10-01-2007, 05:48 PM

I like the new buell 1125r, it looks way different than other bikes out there, and the engine seems to be better than what they used to use.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:41 PM

I like the VRODs and may get one in the next couple years. I had a 96 Fatboy and it was a nice bike to cruise long distances on. I really don't understand the Harley haters. I like the idea of having like 10 bikes and riding whatever tickles your fancy that day. Harley's have their place just like sport bikes.

Old 10-01-2007, 11:03 PM

Let's see... They're nothing special, they're over priced, they have to be serviced more often than Asain bikes and labor costs more, and they arn't dependable form my/friends experience. Why go through all that when you can buy an Asian curiser and save big bucks and have less trouble?

Old 10-02-2007, 01:39 AM

ORIGINAL: zorgen

I really don't understand the Harley haters. I like the idea of having like 10 bikes and riding whatever tickles your fancy that day. Harley's have their place just like sport bikes.
+1
I don't understand them either. I also don't get Harley riders hating sportbikes. I like all kinds of bikes.
"Can't we all just get along?"

Old 10-02-2007, 09:48 AM

^ I don't hate them, and I don't hate the riders either. I just don't see the point in buying one; they're not worth the sum of their parts.

Quick Reply: I don't like Harley's but this bike is SWEET!