Other Bike Chat Discuss other makes and models of bikes made by Honda, or competing brands.

Havent ridden for a while, any advice?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 03:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Havent ridden for a while, any advice?

Hi

I passed my five day direct access about this time last year so i can ride any capacity. I sold my cbr600fs in january this year and i am getting a cbr600rr in september. The thing i am a little nervous about is that i wont have been on a bike for nine months.....Anyone got any advice? or tips for when i get back on it.

cheers

Old 06-27-2009, 11:09 PM
Ladies Lounge Moderator

How long did you ride for with the first bike?

I'll be in kind of the same boat here soon..rode for 2 months, broke my leg, will be about 2 months before I get back on. I plan on just taking it slow, doing some neighborhood/small street riding for a couple of weeks, and build up from there.

Old 06-28-2009, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Elfling
I plan on just taking it slow, doing some neighborhood/small street riding for a couple of weeks, and build up from there.
That's all there is to it.....take it easy and build your confidence back up. Been there twice so far.....and on a LOOONNNG third right now. 1st-tore leg open, 1.5 months. 2nd broken collar bone and ribs, 2 months. This time.....*BRAIN INJURY* 1 year down, waiting on 2nd year to pass.

Just get comfortable again. It'll come back. Seat time!

Old 06-29-2009, 04:59 AM

Jesus dude! WTF happened ? All bike accidents? I have never come off so far, touch wood

Old 06-29-2009, 08:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can take the MSF as a refresher course.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:56 AM
Ladies Lounge Moderator

Originally Posted by CRwreckz
That's all there is to it.....take it easy and build your confidence back up. Been there twice so far.....and on a LOOONNNG third right now. 1st-tore leg open, 1.5 months. 2nd broken collar bone and ribs, 2 months. This time.....*BRAIN INJURY* 1 year down, waiting on 2nd year to pass.

Just get comfortable again. It'll come back. Seat time!
Damn, dude. Good luck with recuperating, hats off to you for sticking with it. Hope you're done with crashin!

Old 06-29-2009, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by LordLoader
Jesus dude! WTF happened ? All bike accidents? I have never come off so far, touch wood
Originally Posted by Elfling
Damn, dude. Good luck with recuperating, hats off to you for sticking with it. Hope you're done with crashin!

All bike wrecks.....Yep. The list of the injuries: Leg, opened it up ~10 inches lateral. Drifted rear on new tires then front connected. Highside! didn't realize it was open until I picked the bike up and went to put the kickstand down. Collar Bone and 5 ribs, Guardrail late night (solo). Grabbed the front brake and found a small patch of sand. No dancing, just slammed right on the concrete. The head injury (mild bleeding and a contusion). Up hill and a hard left at the top(not marked) w/ another left tied together, shaped like a w without a right to link the two. Cracked my helmet. I ride HARD. If I'm not dragging hard parts or sliding around corners I ain't satisfied. W/ the head injury I had to talk to several psychiatrists. I was diagnosed as a risk taker. Done crashin....probably not. Hopefully the ugly ones are over. Most wrecks aren't that serious. "If you aint wreckin, you ain't ridin", kinda my motto. What can I say.....I'm kinda a dumbass
The recent:
Name:  helmetcrash.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  51.3 KB

Last edited by CRwreckz; 06-29-2009 at 07:42 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:26 PM
Ladies Lounge Moderator

Oh..wow.

BRB, buying even more safety gear.

Old 07-02-2009, 03:28 PM

WTF~~~~~

Elfling: While you're out, see if you can find a helmet big enough to fit over the one I have now. Maybe a third one to go over those.

Old 07-02-2009, 08:43 PM

I already got several people to religiously wear helmets w/ those pics.

Quick Reply: Havent ridden for a while, any advice?