Other Bike Chat Discuss other makes and models of bikes made by Honda, or competing brands.

Guy let me ride his 2011 BMW 1000rr!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 09:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guy let me ride his 2011 BMW 1000rr!!!

Long story short, I'm selling my cbr F3 and this guy comes to look at it and pulls up on his BMW. First thing I thought was wtf is this guy on that ride doing looking at my '98 F3 lol. Turns out he was looking for his friend who wanted to get into riding. But as he was checking out my ride I was going over his and he tosses me the keys! Told me to take her out! I said no at first cuz I really thought he was messing with me but he was dead serious. Riding it was amazing, but that guy trusting me after just meeting me for 5 minutes was even more of a shock. I have a pic of me on it but my bud has yet to send it to me but here is a pic of what she looked like color and all.

Attached Thumbnails Guy let me ride his 2011 BMW 1000rr!!!-2011-bmw-s-1000-rr-wallpaper-1.jpg  
Old 07-20-2011, 11:26 AM

That guy has way too much faith in people . I know I wouldn't toss the keys to my F4i to a stranger. But damn, that's awesome that you got to ride it .

Old 07-20-2011, 11:41 AM

+1 ive speared someone of my F4 that sat on it while it was warming up. ive personally seen that story go wrong....except it was a day old gixxer 1k.

Old 07-20-2011, 12:55 PM

No i feel the same way about letting anyone let alone strangers ride my bike but he was really cool as hell. He had no wife, no kids, but had 5 bikes lol all in all a great guy. By far the best feature on the bmw was the "shift assist". When you hit about 7grand just go up to the next gear. You don't pull in the clutch or let off the gas. Makes for even quicker acceleration. He was telling me too that you can only wheelie about a foot off the ground before the bike itself puts you back on two wheels, alot of tech on that ride.

Old 07-21-2011, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by daniels
No i feel the same way about letting anyone let alone strangers ride my bike but he was really cool as hell. He had no wife, no kids, but had 5 bikes lol all in all a great guy. By far the best feature on the bmw was the "shift assist". When you hit about 7grand just go up to the next gear. You don't pull in the clutch or let off the gas. Makes for even quicker acceleration. He was telling me too that you can only wheelie about a foot off the ground before the bike itself puts you back on two wheels, alot of tech on that ride.
He was softening you up for a deal on the F3 or scoping out a possible theft. I know some guys from back home who would "scope" out people selling bikes, meet them and be nice, gain some trust, then go back a couple of days later, steal them, then part out. Plus he has 5 bikes..., just saying.

Old 07-21-2011, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Trey929RR
He was softening you up for a deal on the F3 or scoping out a possible theft. I know some guys from back home who would "scope" out people selling bikes, meet them and be nice, gain some trust, then go back a couple of days later, steal them, then part out. Plus he has 5 bikes..., just saying.
Don't get me wrong that BMW ride made me like the guy right off the bat but the person he was checking it out for actually bought the bike from me yesterday for a hundred less than my asking price. Not too bad on my end. Some people out there r thieves but this guy is pretty legit. Supposed to actually go over to his place this weekend for a ride and to check out his other bikes.

Old 07-21-2011, 03:42 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Most excellent. Been reading up on the new beemers. Really cool tech.
Sweet that he let you ride, sounds like a hip dude.

Hope you're gonna replace your ride, you'll start 'feeming', if you start hanging out
with him. At least I would, lol.

It's pretty boffo when you run across one of life's nice moments. ;-)

Ern

Old 07-22-2011, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by MadHattr059
Most excellent. Been reading up on the new beemers. Really cool tech.
Sweet that he let you ride, sounds like a hip dude.

Hope you're gonna replace your ride, you'll start 'feeming', if you start hanging out
with him. At least I would, lol.

It's pretty boffo when you run across one of life's nice moments. ;-)

Ern
Ride is already replaced, picked up a 929(pic below) just shortly after new years. Was going to sell the F3(pic also below) this spring but then I started kicking around the idea of turning her into a track bike. In the end tho I really want to get a house so selling her was my best option.

Attached Thumbnails Guy let me ride his 2011 BMW 1000rr!!!-2011-005.jpg   Guy let me ride his 2011 BMW 1000rr!!!-2011-033.jpg