Other Bike Chat Discuss other makes and models of bikes made by Honda, or competing brands.

DDM Tuning What A Joke

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 08:09 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DDM Tuning What A Joke

So I ordered a kit for a customers bike earlier this week...

FedEx ground.... I was just curious what the delivery time would be (after reading that you guys posted they usually take a while

So I emailed them this

I was just curious if you could give me a estimated delivery time?

I only ask because prior to ordering I saw your kits were shipped fedex, so I assumed they would be here within the week. However after ordering some friends of mine say your kits typically take 2.5-3 weeks to arrive. Which would not be a big deal except it is a customers bike from out of state I'm doing headlight work on...

If the anticipated delivery time is to far out. I would like to request a refund.

Sorry for any problems,
Zac

and this is what I got

Dear Valued DDM Tuning Customer:

Thank you very much for your recent order.

All orders with Overnight, 2day, or 3day shipping should be delivered within a week. The shipping times for all other orders is 2-4 weeks. We sincerely apologize for the delay in processing your order. We appreciate your patience and for your having chosen DDM Tuning.

Sincerely, DDM Tuning

7171 Ronson Rd. Ste. A San Diego, CA 92111 (858) 633-2020, Option 1 for Sales, Option 2 for Tech Support Monday - Friday 9AM - 5PM
Pacific Time

I wasnt very happy with this so I quickly shot back a email saying this

I was told only expedited order would get to me within the week. I replied back with no answer. I am curious if I can bump my item up to 3 days, if so what the cost would be.

If not I would like a refund. As like I stated before its not my bike and I cannot wait 2-4 weeks..

Thank you for your time

and then received this email again

Dear Valued DDM Tuning Customer:

Thank you very much for your recent order.

All orders with Overnight, 2day, or 3day shipping should be delivered within a week. The shipping times for all other orders is 2-4 weeks. We sincerely apologize for the delay in processing your order. We appreciate your patience and for your having chosen DDM Tuning.

Sincerely, DDM Tuning

7171 Ronson Rd. Ste. A San Diego, CA 92111 (858) 633-2020, Option 1 for Sales, Option 2 for Tech Support Monday - Friday 9AM - 5PM Pacific Time

wow talk about lacking customer support....

so after receiving that (and attempting to call a few times just to be put on hold) i said screw it and filled out a support ticket saying I want a refund

Was not told ahead of time I would be waiting 2-4 weeks to receive my product. I have a friends bike from out of state and do not have that amount of time to wait.

I would just prefer a refund

Thanks

Last edited by __Z__; 03-24-2011 at 08:12 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:43 AM

Ya they have serious problems in customer support. Iput the phone on speaker and continued working while waiting to get off hold only to be hung up on after 1 hour! I called back and continued work and after 20 mins they finally awnsered. If you want to get something done with them i suggest calling and doing what i did. Hopefully it wont take as long for you.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:45 AM

well if i dont see a response today Ill give them a call....

i honestly dont have time during the week to call and mess with this crap...

Old 03-24-2011, 08:48 AM
Banned

Why is everyone so focused on buying these through DDM? Is it just because they are cheaper vs. another brand? Is there product a higher quality than another brand?

I'de rather pay a little more than give my money to a company that treats its customers like shiznit if its just a matter of price.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by kazspeed
Why is everyone so focused on buying these through DDM? Is it just because they are cheaper vs. another brand? Is there product a higher quality than another brand?

I'de rather pay a little more than give my money to a company that treats its customers like shiznit if its just a matter of price.
I agree with that, but as I am in college and money is tight.... DDM it is for now. lol

Old 03-24-2011, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by kazspeed

ddm is reputable because they have a good quality product at a lower cost...

if i had known before hand the shipping was this poor i would have never gone through them...

i have a friend who gets his hids through a distributor... im ordering them from him as soon as i get my refund from ddm... should have done this in the first place

Old 03-24-2011, 09:01 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by __Z__
im ordering them from him as soon as i get my refund from ddm...
Refund? Companies are not supposed to charge the CC until the product is shipped.

Old 03-24-2011, 09:03 AM

yea i paypaled it though oooops

Old 03-24-2011, 09:16 PM

I've had 2 sets of DDM kits going strong now for 15+ months with 0 problems. Also, when I called their customer service I got right through and the person on the other end was real helpful and knowledgeable with troubleshooting scenarios.

That sucks you're having trouble, and also odd

Old 03-25-2011, 11:18 AM

HAHAHAHAH i got my refund...

via facebook.... i will say you are going to get the fastest responses there...

their support does suck... but i will say they are easy to work with...

once you get ahold of them

so over all

DDM Tuning

Initial Customer Support: Horrible (4 days to get what I needed)
Overall Customer Support: Good (got my refund)
Shipping Times: Horrible (2-4 weeks)
Product Quality: Good
Price: Good

Quick Reply: DDM Tuning What A Joke