Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Zzr600

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 04:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zzr600

I know this is a Kawasaki question but since this is the off-topic board, I figure it's worth a shot.

Right now I'm eyeing up a 2008 Kawasaki ZZR600. The biggest reason I'm attracted to it is because it's suppose to be a really comfortable sport bike. Has anyone here, heard or know anything about these bikes?

Old 04-15-2010, 05:22 PM
July 2010 ROTM

i heard they were just the older zx6rs they might be a lil comfy tho. if u want comfort check out an fz6 i thought they were kinda comfy

Old 04-17-2010, 11:09 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

the ZZR is the year 2000 model zx-6r in the time it was top of the line, The bike was so popular they didnt discontinue it when they changed the zx-6r to the zx-6r "636".

That being said If I would have gotten financed on one I may have never gotten my Honda and may not be here today they are great bikes just older tech, Carburetor ect.

If you want something a bit newer and Fuel injected, the F4i "with the banana seat" will be just a comfortable if not more then the ZZR and you can pick one up cheaper then an 08 ZZR I'd imagine.

Old 04-17-2010, 04:13 PM

if it has a carb id def. say go with fuel injection. find something else with egronomics you like and roll with it. If i was gonna get another bike it would be a R1 the kawi is just not my style but thats my personal opinion

Old 04-18-2010, 06:49 PM

Well here's the deal, this model is a 2008 (last year) and ONLY has 16 miles. I made an offer @ 4900 and the salesman said yes. I'm not worried about carbs, I've owned them my whole life. I really love the shade of blue that is. It's not quite as comfortable as my F1 and is much more comfortable then a purebred sportbike. I really doubt I'll ever find a sportbike ever being that comfortable.

Here is my problem. I went on Progressive and Geico to check insurance prices before I decided to put a deposit on it. I almost crapped a very large brick when I saw the quotes. Both sites are telling me about $125 a month with full coverage!!! Keep in mind, I am 24, have a very clean record, and live in the countryside. That is rediculous!! I am only paying about 350 a year for just liability now on my F1. I just cant justify buying a policy so expensive. I really want the bike but insurance is going to kill me!!!

Old 04-19-2010, 12:32 AM

check with State Farm. thats who I've been using since 98. I was 22 and paid around 20 bucks a month for full coverage on a brand new 600. Now, much older, and the cost of insurance going up, I paid 28 a month for a 636 ninja, and 38 a month for my 1000RR. Im not 100 percent sure, but I think you may have to have your auto or house insurance through them to get the bike insurance. But their auto insurance is good too.

Alot of companies have a sur-charge for sportbikes. It usually runs about 1 grand per year in addition to the normal rates. State Farm does not. thats why you were quoted 125 a month. Without the sur-charge, it wold only cost ya 300 a year.

oh btw, thats a great deal on that bike. Adding to what RL said, its basically Kawasaki's version of the F4.

Last edited by justasquid; 04-19-2010 at 12:38 AM.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:31 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

ur 24, it's full insurance on a super sport motorcycle.. it's not gonna be all that cheap :P

Old 04-19-2010, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by RojerLockless
ur 24, it's full insurance on a super sport motorcycle.. it's not gonna be all that cheap :P
I'm well aware of that, but 1500 seems way to high. I will get a call tommarow from a local broker who gets quotes from different companies, so well see what happens. Overall though, I think it is a really nice bike even though it is a Kawi. Hopefully there is a performance increase since im used to 98 brake HP from my F1. All though I did have it dynoed two summers ago and the best I could make was 56rwhp??