Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

ZR-1 Vs. GT-R

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 02:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZR-1 Vs. GT-R

Well...everyone who loves american muscle knew it would happen to begin with. But now the GT-R kiddies are going to start chanting V-Spec this and V-spec that..So what does everyone think? And lets not turn this into a pissing battle between two cars that nobody on this board is ever going to own

Old 06-28-2008, 02:46 PM
VP
Default RE: ZR-1 Vs. GT-R

The GT-R VSpec (on street tires) MIGHT touch the 7:29 mark the standard GT-R got with race tires... the ZR1 has already beaten that time by 3 seconds. On top on of that, the GT-R is a LAND PIG and will always be the odd man out.

With the LF-A and the new NSX on the horizon, this generation GT-R will only be remembered as the first "Skyline" on these shores, and nothing more.

Old 06-28-2008, 11:13 PM

ZR-1 [sm=badbadbad.gif]...yes it has unpredictable fish tales but will make up for it with its lightness and power.

Old 06-29-2008, 07:38 AM

there both bad *** cars that I will never own nor drive...but just drool over...but if I actually had the money to blow the ZR-1 would be my choice, just one sick car....but I am all about the american muscle

Old 06-29-2008, 10:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We did work on the ZR1. It is sick!! I would love to own one. I think the power is too much as it's hard to control. They didn't think the supercharger would make that much HP at first.

Old 06-29-2008, 02:05 PM

don't get me wrong, i am a ford guy at heart but i have always loved the zr1. it' an increadable car and very collecable. but i am head over heals in love w/the GTR it just simply raised the bar, it is a car that one drives and it has a computer that helps the driver drive even better it is definatley cutting edge stuff. $ for $ it is a huge bargan (suppercar). imo it simpley out performs the zr1 in every aspect except looks. i'll probly never own one but DOE'S ANYONE NEED A KIDNEE, LUNG OR SOMETHING, CHEEP. WELL SORT OF. WILL TRADE FOR GTR. but either way if someone ownes either car you can't go wrong.

Old 06-29-2008, 02:14 PM

ORIGINAL: rons93rr

don't get me wrong, i am a ford guy at heart but i have always loved the zr1. it' an increadable car and very collecable. but i am head over heals in love w/the GTR it just simply raised the bar, it is a car that one drives and it has a computer that helps the driver drive even better it is definatley cutting edge stuff. $ for $ it is a huge bargan (suppercar). imo it simpley out performs the zr1 in every aspect except looks. i'll probly never own one but DOE'S ANYONE NEED A KIDNEE, LUNG OR SOMETHING, CHEEP. WELL SORT OF. WILL TRADE FOR GTR. but either way if someone ownes either car you can't go wrong.
I was all excited to see all of us Jap bike owners getting excited over american muscle...until i looked at your post! YOU SUCK! lol j.k but honestly...a computer to help someone drive better? that means you can't drive in the first place. There is no way that it out performs the zr-1...nurburgring showed a glimpse of that...rwd is much better than awd to me...awd cars tend to clap out much earlier...nissan made an attemp to get back in the game...they did...but just like the first skyline...it'll be forgotten about

Old 06-29-2008, 02:33 PM

it was just my opinion, but i have seen many clips of the car craving up the track and it's awsome. allwheel drive will always perform better than rear wheel drive. once you hit a certain amount of hp it gets pritty hard to controll on launch and in and out of corners the rear will not hook up unless extensive modds are made, even that is limited. i guess that if your an expert driver like your self you would not get much from the performance computer on board but to an average joe like myself i'll take the help to make me faster. the technoligy is far superior than that of the zr1. i would like to see two comparisons 1 w/both cars on a track. 2 w/both at the 1/4 mile. you might be surprised w/the results. i respect your opinion it's what you like but it doe'nt mean tha everyone should have the same opinion. honestly i would take either and be extreemly happy....

Old 06-29-2008, 02:38 PM

My opinion stands... Z06 vs GTR = GTR::: ZR1 vs. GTR = ZR1. It will be close and definately noslaughtering but the ZR-1's power will save it.

Name:  Picture112.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  40.8 KB

Old 06-29-2008, 04:49 PM

does anyone know what the ZR-1 is going for$$$ i'm just wondering? seeing it's going to be the fastest and most exspensive vet ever..