Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Zombie Question No 2

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 10:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Zombie Question No 2

ORIGINAL: NY Erion929

very simple and i have planned it already (big zombie movie lover)

Just 7-10 miles south of me is the Atlantic ocean and 100's of marinas with giant yachts and sailboats. I would grab the AR from the lock closet and head straight to the gunnery down the block and LOAD up on ammo and other weapons (I have my eye on the 50 cal sniper rifle on display with tri stand and all) after i would stop at kmart (on the way to the water :P ) and pack up on canned and boxed food, bottled water and fishing supplies.. Final stop would be the marina where me and my AR pick out the largest nicest sailboat available..

While everyone else is getting their limbs chewed by their neighbors, i will look something like this

unless they can swim O.O

Old 10-22-2008, 11:05 PM

The only problem is a zombie would only be possible if the body isn't leaking blood. Blood is also lube for joints.

Old 10-22-2008, 11:29 PM

ORIGINAL: rangerscott

The only problem is a zombie would only be possible if the body isn't leaking blood. Blood is also lube for joints.
i thought synovial fluid was lube for the joints...blood is contained in the vascular system. I think there's a number of reasons why a zombie wouldn't be possible besides stiff joints lol

I'd madmax up some car with a ton of fuel reserves and make a break for the coast but I reckon it would be tough because coastlines are the most populous areas so obviously there'd be a lot of zombies. I'd get a few semi-auto rifles. Since they don't die from anything but head trauma(as per the common held belief) then full autos don't do much good, quick, powerful shots to the head are key, I wouldn't turn down an M2 .50 cal tho. Best vehicle would probably be either something like a military Unimog or Humvee with a .50 cal on a turret. Teamwork would be important, I'm not really a leader but not a follower either, I'd be looking for collaboration. once at the coast I'd be after a large vessel. Shopping for food would be tough so I'd make a break for some small carribbean islands rich in fruit/vegetables and animal life. That and a lot of the smaller islands would likely have habitants away from whatever epidemic that started the living-dead thing so I'd have decent company. Also can't have too many swingin dicks or re-population would be a problem.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:12 AM

ORIGINAL: woo545

Do you rush headlong into the horde swinging your weapon of choice?

No, not headlong. That would be suicide. Create a 300 bottleneck and keep my blades sharp.

dark elves ftw

Old 10-23-2008, 01:13 AM

I would start off on the roof of my house with my rifle (scope attached), my hand gun, and my shot gun. I would enterain myself as long as I could with my rifle taking the zombies heads off with my rifle, then join up with my brothers (their cops, cops should have a good plan along with guns and supplies) and head for Fort Bragg which is about a hours drive from here for us. From their hopefully the military will let us in and let them tear those zombie SOBs up

Old 10-23-2008, 01:29 AM

What is the plan of attack?
Hit up a school and or Gray hound bus depot and jack one of those. Drive that to a Sams Club and clean that place out of non perishable essentials. Clean out a Gun shop or two, and a gas station to get reserve fuel and slim jims. And a hospital for medical essentials.

Are you a loner, leader or follower?
Leader, this is probably one of the best drunk games we play so I believe Im well adept to get ups and outs of an attack.

Do you rush headlong into the horde swinging your weapon of choice?
Strategic placement of bullets is more important than kill everything. ( I think that sums it up)

Do you seek higher ground?
Head to a large body of water (Ive never seen a zombie swim), and then head for a cold climate preferably average temp below 32 deg. Northern Atlantic Islands or something of that nature.

zombies being slow like Night of the Living Dead, and not fast like 28 Weeks Later.
28 Days infected technically had the "rage" virus, but the new Dawn of the Dead.... They scare me.

Old 10-23-2008, 02:49 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Meh, you guys watch far too many movies and think you can defeat us with your silly "weapons of choice" ..lol

Well in the real world we look totally innocuous and like everyday people ...

Here, come sit on the sofa with me ... let me try to explain this to you ;-)

Only when you are withing BITING DISTANCE do we show our true selves ....

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!!

Old 10-23-2008, 06:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would probably try and find a place easily securable and Heavy steal doors, heavy duty walls (no wood or drywall here, buddy) with one maybe 2 escape routes and set it up as base of operations. If I had time I'd probably setup some mechanism on the door that would allow me to overpower things. Definitely need an area that can be used as a bottleneck.

Next plan would be to secure food, water and other supplies (cold weather clothes, ammo, axes, etc) before power starts to die (This would eventually happen, since those that monitor the substations will probably be taken over, too). I'd probably rescue as many people as I could and bring them back the base. When power dies, that means no refrigeration, no lights, no gas pumps and no fresh water.

Guns are not very practical for the long term, but decent for quick defense. They are noisy (attract attention), incredibly inefficient (reloading clips, carrying ammo for the long haul, requires a high amount of accuracy - only head shots kill here!). I would still carry one...but opt for the lowest caliber that works so that the ammo takes up less space and can carry more. Why carry a 50 caliber if a 22 works?

I'd try and find some sharp melee weapons. Something strong enough to do the job, but light enough to lesson the effects of fatigue.

Scouting out a long term solution to defense and food/water supply would be critical.

For those that say they would go onto boats...you are taking the assumption that animals are immune to whatever contagion that has been released or how it is transmitted. Like someone else I was chatting with...a zombie whale would totally suck.

Since food supply would diminish faster with each person added in, a steady source would be required. Finding a safe zone like in the end of "I am Legend" would be great, but materials would be required to build the wall. Not sure how feasible the idea is, but the area needs to be large enough to grow foods enough for everyone.

We need to figure out how to handle the re-population of the human race. We could be all that is left.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh Jules...bite me!

Yeah, I've been looking forward to that game.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:40 AM

Guns are not very practical for the long term, but decent for quick defense. They are noisy (attract attention),
Bow and arrows.Do you hunt archery? If not it is quit simple and effective if not looking to be noticed by sound. Take Rambo for example

Quick Reply: Zombie Question No 2