Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Zero motivation

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 01:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Zero motivation

ORIGINAL: Kewl Breeze

ORIGINAL: thomasintexas

ok a triathalon?!?!? i call bs....what does he do? pull the kid on a raft and ride a tandem bike?

Don't be so skeptical my friend. This story has been well documented by Sports Illustrated, ESPN, Talk Shows and hundreds of other places:

http://www.snopes.com/glurge/teamhoyt.asp

Team Hoyt Website

"Just Do It"
hmmm....i guess where theres a will theres a way....

Old 10-16-2007, 02:42 PM

as far as money goes try living on a strict budget. put things in order. Rent,gas,food etc. it will suck but it will also help alot. Just by packing bologna sammiches[:'(] during the week saves me over $200.00 a month. If I could quit ciggs that would be another 300.00 a month. 300+200= $500.00 fat ones. That could easily be a new bike ,WTF...I think I just quit!

Old 10-16-2007, 06:15 PM

Thanks for all of your support and suggestions and stuff. It's helped me a lot. I was really stressed about school just because I don't know if I even want to be an engineer so i dont know if im just wasting all my time and money, but I talked to some people and a recruiter and I think I might have a plan for that.

As far as money goes... I dont really know what to do. I literally live on $80 a month right now and money is still tight, but I just got a job so that might help a lot, but it could also kill the very small amount of time I have to work with.

Old 10-16-2007, 06:35 PM

Well, someone I had a conversation with about three weeks ago asked me when I was younger if I knew what I wanted to be when I grew up. I can honestly say that I never once thought about a career when I was either a child or even a teenager. Still, I always managed to bring in enough money to support myself and even buy a few toys now and again. As far as getting married, that will never happen in my lifetime due to my abnormal sexual proclivities. There are just far too many women that I want to rub up against to even think about a monogamous relationship although I broke up with my ex about three months ago. See, that proves my point right there. If I meet someone else the pattern will start once again, with a few passionate months followed by a gradual disinterest to the point of another "break-up" talk. Anywhore, you should be old enough to know what makes your wheels turn so just become self-absorbed like myself and focus on you and those you care about. I tried going to school and again, lost interest. Ho-hum...

Old 10-16-2007, 09:34 PM

THIS GUY IS A PERFECT EXAMPLE:

http://www.karmatube.org/videos.php?id=6

Nice post KB. That's amazing.

Old 10-16-2007, 11:21 PM

sounds like you need a booty call

Old 10-16-2007, 11:57 PM
Friend and Hero ...

ORIGINAL: city worker

Start with the "I can" and get rid of the "I can't" attitude ...
That's good advice as well as the break-it-down approach. Whenever I feel less motivated than usual I just pick up and start on one of the most important projects (PRIORITIZE what's most important) without worrying about what else needs to be done and then when that's done I move on to the next and before I know it, what seemed overwhelming at first is done.

Whenever I feel down I also try to think about all the people who do SOOOOOO much more than I do with so much less and to the point I can't stand it which gives me will power and motivation that anything can be done with the right mindset.

THIS GUY IS A PERFECT EXAMPLE:

http://www.karmatube.org/videos.php?id=6

KB you put this very well your literary skills are much better than my So I can only echo what you have already said there are times in life when your morale is low and your internal drive is just not there. But that is when you have to look deep inside yourself. And remember what you are wanting to achieve in life. You must think of those who have achieved so much with so little and had so many things against them. Yet, they pushed on, until they did succeed. So you must ask yourself Do you want to **** off now and work hard the rest of your life. In some menial task are do you want to work hard and struggle now to coast at point in your life, Prioritizing is the key and setting small goals for yourself that are truly obtainable will help keep yourself motivated, but never lose sight of the big picture which is your game plan for life Don't be willing to make too many sacrifices on it are you'll find yourself on a whole new road in life. It won't be what you wanted. And what you were trying to accomplish in life now for those naysayers out there who don't believe true determination ,heart and soul can achieve great things. I suggest you pick up a book called Corps values by the former Governor and Senator Zell Miller I could pile a library in behind this one. But for those just wanting to pick a fight or who haven't succeeded themselves and who feel it's too late. It would be useless

Old 10-17-2007, 01:46 AM

ORIGINAL: fuze

try some meth, you'll be bored with nothing to do in no time.
As I was reading I was thinking the same thing. LMAO.

Quote Mr garret mmmmm drugs er baaaaad.

Old 10-17-2007, 02:01 AM

I think I started this thing to just vent a little( i normally vent to my gf but shes been in italy for 2 months), because I just got done spending 14 hours straight machining parts for my compressor project and that burden is finally off my back. Sometimes when I'm feelin lazy I just need to work my *** of and feel satisfied at the end to get my motivation back. Only problem is if I feel lazy the only way I would work hard on something is if I really had to do it. I think I need more structure in my life. I miss playing football and other organized sports because it forced me to be productive. I feel like I'd end up doing really well if instead of working for a private company when I graduate I just join some branch of the military and engineer some awesome ****. Desk jobs scare me!

Old 10-17-2007, 06:52 AM

You could always look at a worse situation which could act as a motivator to you. Regardless of how they got into the situation, looking at someone less off, usually motivates your mind to think about how not to do what they did. It shifts your short term bout of depression and switches it up to feelings of excitement in your own mind as to what you wouldn't do.

I am the youngest of five (I'm 38). While being a professor (and have been for the past 10 years), I was studying for my MSCE cert, and finishing up my MBA. I am also a father of 4 (2 being drivng age teenagers). My father was diagnosed with bone cancer and my mom already had end stage COPD. So, my dad dies, and my mom's health is constantly decreasing. Meanwhile, I have a disabled mother-in-law that I took into my home so my wife and I can care for her. I have been at my job 13 years and finally have a great work schedule that permits me to take my mom to the doctors as she is also partially blind and cannot drive.

My older brothers and sisters are mostly moved out of the area so there is only me and my wife to take care of all of our own responsibilities, my mother-in-law's property, and my mom's property (houses), and all of the dealings that each have on their own.

The moral of the story sir is this, just when you think you have it bad, look around you and see how you could make that difference on yourself. There are many people on here that are not bull****ters and truely care about the posts they make in the sense that they want to give not just information, but information that will help you. By no means do I ask for pitty when referencing the above content. I merely deal with it because at the end of the day, I'm constantly analyzing and sometimes, you just need a break from reality. The root thought starts with you by saying to yourself.... Self, I don't want to be like others, or have the same kind of problems they have. Just by merely saying that to yourself, you are planting a psychological seed in your head. And we all know that all of our problems start in our head. A problem is only a problem if their is no solution.

Listen to your heart first, then your mind, then us bastages on the cbrforum.com

For the record, I again state, I'm not looking for any pitty, empathy, or what not. I fully am responsible for my actions, my decisions, and what I choose to make good decisions or bad decisions about. I also know that there are people 100x worse that half of us could ever imagine. The point I'm trying to make is that we must choose our battles and choose them wisely. Eventually as we all mature and grow, we learn from our decisions. With age comes wisdom so long as you don't or try not to make the same mistakes over and over. And we all know that repeating the same mistakes over and over again expecting different results is the definition of insanity. Many a genious were borderline this.

Best of luck to you sir.

Quick Reply: Zero motivation