Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Zero motivation

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 09:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zero motivation

I don't know if its because I'm getting over being sick right now or if I got to much stuff to do with not enough time or if its because im broke and very worried about how im gonna even afford gas to get to school or eat, but I completely lost all of my motivation. I have so much homework I should be doing but I just dont have any drive to complete anything. I also have to work on my car to get it sold but I also just dont care about it at all. I just want to move somewhere where the cost of living is low so all I have to do is have a part time job to cover rent, food, and gas. Although if I did something like that I'd probably change my mind and end up wanting to do alot so I can afford the finer things in life.

Anyone have any good ideas on how to get motivated for stuff that you really couldn't care less about?

Old 10-16-2007, 09:15 AM
Default RE: Zero motivation

I'm an eternal pessimist. The Greek is the wrong person to ask. I always have issues like yours. All I can say is try to set short-term goals of what you want to accomplish, and get things done, a little at a time. Write down what you want to get done and when. Don't take any excuses.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:16 AM

Things can really suck, especially when there are a bunch of tasks overlapping each other. Motivation is hard to come by when you need it so the more you look for it the harder it's going to be. I'm not sure what kind of sleep schedule you have, but I find that if I go to sleep early one day and be sure to get a nice long nights sleep, that I'm normally very alert and energized the next day. Don't hit the snooze button that day, just get up when you come around and start going at what ever work seems fitting for the time. Another good mood stabilizer is going for a long walk; to a park, thru downtown, just about anywhere that you can get away and just think to yourself fora long while. Hell, even writing to yourself can unveil a lot of inner tensions that you may not see.

I dunno, these are just some things that I know seem to help for me. They don't cost anything and are fairly soothing so they calm me down. Just my $.o2 worth.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:34 AM

Well to start, your lookin at the"BIG" picture, all the things you have to do and it seems over whelming, break it down andstop focusing so much on the the "BIG" picture. start small like with yourself, its all in your head, the mind is where it starts. Start with the "I can" and get rid of the "I can't" attitude and make a plan, if your goin to school it sounds like you got 1/2 a brain.....USE IT !!! pull yourself up by the boot straps and get going !!! your being self defeating, you are your worst enemy. Look forward and stop living in the now. looking forward lets you see how you want your life to be, not how it is in the moment. Go out side get some fresh air and say to youself "I am alive and can do any thing." To qoute a buddie at work...... "you gona be a p#ssy all your life ?" [&:]

Old 10-16-2007, 11:21 AM

man you gotta make things happen for yourself.....complaining about life being unfair is pointless. unless you want to be another person on welfare, medicare, wic and all that other b.s. that makes me want to slap people stupid when i see that they get $1000 a month outta my pay checks...

finish school, get a job, and make some money. being broke is depressing in and of itself. i mean really? school isnt that hard compared to life after school....everyday is a test and its not pass or fail, its pass or fired.

wait till you get a real job and end up stuck at the office 70+ hours a week and have crazy bills like 2 cars, a boat, house,bikes and all sortsa other stuff to pay for....and the most expensive of all ?!?!?!? a wife will cost you 5x what your house will........

all i can really say is suck it up man. you'll get through it.
just remember"like all things, this too will pass"

Old 10-16-2007, 01:12 PM

try some meth, you'll be bored with nothing to do in no time.

Old 10-16-2007, 01:14 PM

kidding btw.. drugs are bad. MMmk.

Old 10-16-2007, 01:17 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: city worker

Start with the "I can" and get rid of the "I can't" attitude ...
That's good advice as well as the break-it-down approach. Whenever I feel less motivated than usual I just pick up and start on one of the most important projects (PRIORITIZE what's most important) without worrying about what else needs to be done and then when that's done I move on to the next and before I know it, what seemed overwhelming at first is done.

Whenever I feel down I also try to think about all the people who do SOOOOOO much more than I do with so much less and to the point I can't stand it which gives me will power and motivation that anything can be done with the right mindset.

THIS GUY IS A PERFECT EXAMPLE:

http://www.karmatube.org/videos.php?id=6

Old 10-16-2007, 01:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Kewl Breeze

ORIGINAL: city worker

Start with the "I can" and get rid of the "I can't" attitude ...
That's good advice as well as the break-it-down approach. Whenever I feel less motivated than usual I just pick up and start on one of the most important projects (PRIORITIZE what's most important) without worrying about what else needs to be done and then when that's done I move on to the next and before I know it, what seemed overwhelming at first is done.

Whenever I feel down I also try to think about all the people who do SOOOOOO much more than I do with so much less and to the point I can't stand it which gives me will power and motivation that anything can be done with the right mindset.

THIS GUY IS A PERFECT EXAMPLE:

http://www.karmatube.org/videos.php?id=6

ok a triathalon?!?!? i call bs....what does he do? pull the kid on a raft and ride a tandem bike?

Old 10-16-2007, 01:28 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: thomasintexas

ok a triathalon?!?!? i call bs....what does he do? pull the kid on a raft and ride a tandem bike?

Don't be so skeptical my friend. This story has been well documented by Sports Illustrated, ESPN, Talk Shows and hundreds of other places:

http://www.snopes.com/glurge/teamhoyt.asp

Team Hoyt Website

"Just Do It"

Quick Reply: Zero motivation