Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Your First Car...

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 10:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your First Car...

A lot of people always say that your first car is your best. This is very true for me. My first car was the bestet vehicle I ever owned.

Behold!

The 1986 Volkswagen Jetta:

Now this car only had 80,000 miles on it when mommy and daddy bought it when I was 16, however we later discovered that the odometer would stop for no reason once the temperature got about 85 degrees... so the milage was probably closer to 150,000 or something. Yeahwe overpaid.

List of things I did in that car:

1) jumped railroad tracks.
2) Blew out the radiator twice (ref. number 1)
3) Drive by eggings
4) "how many people can we fit in this car" contest.
5) some 14 year old girl
6) totaled it by rear ending some b1tch. my hood was bent and i had a headlight busted out. she had my "VW" emblum inbedded in her bumper.

My car was considered "Totaled".
The Cost of the car: $450
The Cost of a new hood: $875

Among other things, This car had a giant puddle in the floorboard behind the drivers seat (where the rear passenger put his feet). Everytime I hit the brakes, a flood of water would rush up and get my feet wet. We still don't know how that puddle got there since the car never leaked when it rained. It was nice in the wintertime. It would freeze over and I wouldn't get soaked. Still have no idea why that puddle was there or where it came from, but It was there a majorty of the time that I owned/pwned the car. There was a couple week period where i put a frog in my car and let it graze in the puddle. I was sure to leave some food with him. Just had to be careful not to squash him as I pushed the pedal to the floorboard and unleashing 85 horses of pure POWER.

I owned this car for about 9 months before I totaled it. Lot of good memories. Was my first car. I was also the first in my sophmore class to get a car... So i was the one to go to for rides. nobody ever wanted that left rear seat. That was the bitch seat.

May she rest in peace.

OK, now let's hear your story...

Old 09-08-2007, 11:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Your First Car...

not much of a story here...1990 lexus ls400...got it when i was 17...284,000 miles on that bad boy, and it still runs like a champ

Old 09-08-2007, 11:10 AM

99 Honda Prelude. Took care of it uber well. Water did not want anything to do with that car because of how much wax it had on it. Timing belt was serviced with the h2o pump and oil was only Mobil 1. Had it paid off, got stupid and sold it. Big mistake.

Old 09-08-2007, 11:31 AM

Name:  may_car_2.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  11.7 KB

That was after I spent some money on her. By far the slowest car I have ever owned or will ever own again. I bought it stock with 60k miles from my mom for $3K. Long story short I sold it 3 years later for $2800 after turning it back to stock in about 15 mins. Kind of shocked me at the time. Sold it in a Wal-Mart parking lot.

Couple of the things I did with it...

-I let to many people learn stick in my car that the clutch eventually gave out.
-basically did everything i could imagine with my first g/f in it, my most missed memory from that car
-i managed to get it stuck in mud twice at my high school

honestly can't think of anything right now.

Old 09-08-2007, 11:45 AM
Retired Administrator

1980 Z28 Camaro, sorry I don't have any pics

Old 09-08-2007, 12:09 PM
Retired Moderator

I had a 1974 Datsun 260Z...it was cool as hell, and I thought I was a stud. It ended up getting stolen, but I have the fondest memories of that car!!!

Old 09-08-2007, 12:44 PM

2000 Mustang GT. Wrapped it around a tree..... not very fun!

Old 09-08-2007, 01:14 PM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

I had a 1974 Datsun 260Z...it was cool as hell, and I thought I was a stud. It ended up getting stolen, but I have the fondest memories of that car!!!
i'll sell you my 240z . my first car, is a truck 1992 toyota pu 4wd. im going to have that baby till i die.would not sell it for the world!

Old 09-08-2007, 01:17 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

91 honda civic hb dx auto ! i had intake, exhaust, header, rims, lower springs, monster tach lol it mightve been slow but i had an outrageous amount of stereo equipment in there ! actually its because of that car i have damaged hearing now haha so kids listen to your parents when they say turn down your radio or you'll go deaf lol

Old 09-08-2007, 01:23 PM

i think it was a 1992. was a silver Ford Mustang hatchback 5.0 with tons of engine work. I don't know much at all about cars, but it was tricked out under the hood, had bars welded on the understide running the length of the car so it didn't twist. I took out a 8k loan and wadded it up on a tree a year later. Double compound fracture femure.

My parent's told me not to buy it, haha.