Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

your 1st time

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 05:03 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: your 1st time

A 1970s Yamaha XS650. College buddy gave me a two minute briefing and set me loose. I didn't crash, I remember the bike was complicated since I didn't know how to really drive a manual that well. That was 20+ years ago, he was my best man at my wedding and I was his. We still try and get pizza once a week together.

Old 01-20-2008, 12:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My little Ninja 250 came all shiny from the dealership along with my two friends' little ninja 250s. We got em off the flatbed, the only thing the guy said was 1 down five up.... so without any helmets we decided to try to learn how to ride the damn things. I couldn't figure out how to change gears, often stalled it, and came around corners fishtailing lol. Somehow I never dropped her Once we got helmets, we went to go ride around town, rode for a whole day and I ran out of gas lol. For never ridiing a bike before, I never put her down. Learned how to wheelie on a 250 haha.

Old 11-23-2008, 05:05 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bump.....

came accross this thread while doing a search for a different thread (totaly unrelated to this, but somehow it was mixed in). lots of new members, so lets hear it.

1st ride on my RR (2nd bike, lol). got home and unloaded it from my truck. went in the house and grabbed my gear. the bike felt so increadibly different from the F4i i had been used to for 30k miles/13 months. the clutch was different, brakes so much touchier, throttle..WHEEEEEW, the throttle......so much more power at lower RPM's . took it out and rode it around my area for a hour or two. then spent the next day on it almost all day (see bottom right sig. pic lol). we're getting along great now. although the F4i gives the new ride dirty looks when i pull into the garage, lol.

Old 11-23-2008, 05:18 PM

my first time was outside and i had mosquito bites on my *** that next day...whoops wrong first time lol...i remember my first time...it was a dreary day but riding down the road for the first time was awesome...i remember my first highway ride...i went through the tunnels...now that was SO odd being there on a bike...and the sound was soooo nice lol

Old 11-23-2008, 05:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

for me one of the coooooolest feelings was stopping at a stop sign or traffic light for the 1st few times. its like losing your virginity......you never have that SAME feeling ever again. stopping at stop lights or stop signs was just cool as hell to me. driving a car/truck, you NEVER put your feet down on the highway, so to me when i stopped and let my feet down, if was a cool feeling . but now, its just normal ****, lol.

Old 11-23-2008, 06:04 PM

March 2007, KAW 600, 3 wks after I totaled my Kia Rio 04. Went into my first sharp turn into trafic an djust knew I was going to hit the car stopped at the light. My teachings from class two yrs previously kicked in and I turned that throttle picked that bike up and leaned that hell out that OLD azz bike.

Old 11-23-2008, 06:04 PM

my first time was scary; i was going pretty slow and this ******* on a huge truck was tailgating me.

Old 11-24-2008, 12:13 AM

I was about 6 years old. My dad had just bought me an old 30cc mini bike. I managed to get it going, and then forgot that in order to slow down, i had to let off the gas. I was riding in an alley behind our house, and managed to run it through a wooden picket fence and clothes lined myself on what was left of the fence. My dad was booking it down the alley after me, and when he found me laying on my back, giggling he looked around, grabbed the mini bike with now bent handlebars, and told me not to tell my mother and that he didn't see the neighbors anywhere, and to get away from the fence as fast as possible. (Yeah very responsible, dad.)

Old 11-24-2008, 12:26 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't remember that much but guess it should be when I was 9 or 10 years old. My dad's moped bike. I can't even reach my both feet to the ground and have to use the side stand each time I need to kick start it!

I was a law abiding citizen.... then. Won't even take to the traffic road when I was a teenager since I still don't have a license. When I got my Learner's License at 16, that was a proud moment. We have to hang a 'L' plate indicating learners and soon I was riding all over the place. Feel like a pretty dumb thinking bout it these days.

Old 11-24-2008, 08:48 AM

it was May 3 years back. I went out with my dad. i remember pullnig out of my driveway and leaning right and it felt so weird. I didnt fell comfortabole at all leaning right. I remember looking down at the ground and the yellow line and it just made me so happ yand i Dont know why.

The first ride on my cbr though.. The most amazing experience of my life. Even though i just cruised from the bike shop to work.. like 5 minutes down the road, but ill never forget the feeling of releasing the clutch and taking off for the first time on my honda

Quick Reply: your 1st time