Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

your 1st time

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 04:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default your 1st time

no you sick bastards. get your minds out of the gutter for once in your life 3

who remembers the first time they went on a ride on their very first bike? i dont mean up and down your street, im talking your first time out in traffic and how awesome it felt.

my 1st time on my bike was this past April. i had about two weeks of going up and down my road and side streets to get practice in different situations (side streets off my road are all different and offer some challenge). i hit the open road and out in traffic my first time w/ a friend of mine who also had just gotten his first bike. i made the right outta my road, merged into traffic, rolled on that throttle and got up to speed. in my helmet i had the biggest smile ever, hahaha. the temp. outside was perfect, not too hot or too cold. rode the bike a few miles down the highway to a popular place in my area and had a blaaaaaaaast!

so who remembers their first ride out on the open road?

Old 01-19-2008, 05:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: your 1st time

I dont feel comfortable talking about my first time...

Old 01-19-2008, 05:12 PM

ORIGINAL: rvizzle

I dont feel comfortable talking about my first time...
^^ Gotta explain now!! [sm=tongue.gif]

Old 01-19-2008, 05:45 PM

Technically my first time was in a huge parking lot--I was so excited after the first ten minutes of non-stop riding that I forgot to put my feet down when I finally rolled to a halt...[:@]

...it was April, not entirely warm yet, she was a hot little Ninja girl, less than three hundred pounds--never talked back the whole time...you always remember your first...

Old 01-19-2008, 06:01 PM

My first time was up and down my street before i got my licence, but after I got my licence, the first time on the road i was out cruising i dropped it at an intersection..

Old 01-19-2008, 06:21 PM

first ride was out of the parking lot on the 929... i headed to the interstate and went riding. Hooked. i had someone else test ride it for me, i didnt know anything then. I was deathly afraid of the wind, im 140lbs and i thought it was going to rip me off the bike haha. I was 'white knuckled' all the time.

Old 01-19-2008, 06:35 PM

my first time as last june just bought my brand new 06 f4i i loved it but i had never been so sore in my life after the ride home...about an hour but yea ill never forget it especially when i killed it like 3 times on a hill in rush hour traffic :/

Old 01-19-2008, 07:11 PM
Banned

That's a tough question to answer. I had access to a friends R6 (extra bike for him) for over a year. Went out every chance I could.

But I do remember the first ride home when I got the F4i. Had a buddy drive me 100 miles away in rush hour traffic to get it. Rode home on the superslab. I can remember every mile of that trip. I dont think I will ever forget the first trips made on my first street bike. Put over 10k on it in 4 months. Yeah, its a passion!

Old 01-19-2008, 07:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 1st time was on a football field on a mates Honda, no idea about brakes (or anything else for that matter) had never had a lesson to drive anything. So no supprise that I stacked it, lucky no real damage to the bike. Me, I got grass burns on my knees, elbow & hands, ruined a real expensive pair of pants & sneakers (no helmet of course), jumped up & thought, "gotta get me one of these"), yeah my mum was well pleased with that decision.
1st real ride was from the bike shop, 5 miles on the other side of town, Saturday morning.
The was my 2nd time on a bike, still no lessons about how to change gears or brake (or ride for that matter), Went back through town (only way home), had to yell at people on pedestrian crossings to get out of the way. Figured out the clutch thingo before I worked out that there was a front brake to. Had to push the bike & get it rolling before I was able to move without stalling, I think I probably clocked up about 200 miles that day, just riding around the block. You couldn't get my **** of that thing for love or money, one of the best days of my life.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: dwschultzy

That's a tough question to answer. I had access to a friends R6 (extra bike for him) for over a year. Went out every chance I could.

But I do remember the first ride home when I got the F4i. Had a buddy drive me 100 miles away in rush hour traffic to get it. Rode home on the superslab. I can remember every mile of that trip. I dont think I will ever forget the first trips made on my first street bike. Put over 10k on it in 4 months. Yeah, its a passion!

haha sounds like you and i need to enter the mileage contest! i've had my bike for 9 months now, and i've put 17k on it........[sm=massbounce.gif]

Quick Reply: your 1st time