Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

ARE YOU A RIDER? READ THIS NOW!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 08:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARE YOU A RIDER? READ THIS NOW!

-Listen guys and gals, it is getting towards that time of year when all the roads dry up and all the bikes come out of hibernation from the winter.

-Now is the time we start to ride, and for others it is another day, but please everyone listen.

-Too many riders have been lost and even some on this forum. I want us to remember our fallen riders, and remember what we are...

We are riders, a big family, and I want everyone to be safe!

PLEASE BE CAREFUL AS THE 2008 SEASON APPROACHES, AND PLEASE RIDE RESPONSIBLE, RESPECTFUL, AND DONT MAKE THIS YOUR LAST RIDE.

RIDE TODAY LIKE YOU WANT TO RIDE TOMORROW, HAVE A GREAT 2008 EVERYONE! See, Be Seen, and Have Fun!!!

Here is a link, even though it is from London, it is good and i thought it would fit in this thread:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/corporate/...wareness.shtml

Old 03-13-2008, 08:42 PM
Default RE: ARE YOU A RIDER? READ THIS NOW!

Once again, proof that Brits run circles around the ROTW when it comes to video production and editing. The BBC is hands-down the world's best, e.g. Top Gear. Not that they did this advert, they may have, I wouldn't be surprised...I'm paying maximum attention just sitting in my chair after seeing that.

The only thing I would add is 'put on the best gear you can'. Dump your fiance (which is just another way to spell 'finance') and take that two months salary and put it towards top-shelf protection...avoiding the ER is life's greatest gift.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:21 PM

Ugh. I don't recal ever seeing a motorcycle awareness ad here in the states. [:@]

Old 03-13-2008, 09:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: sixhundredrr

Ugh. I don't recal ever seeing a motorcycle awareness ad here in the states. [:@]
+1

Old 03-13-2008, 09:57 PM

I wish they would do something here. It really does make you think doesnt it! Everyday I think more and more about how I can be more careful and really it just comes down to paying attention to everything. My question is for those that ride with headphones how is that not distracting?

Old 03-13-2008, 10:43 PM

ORIGINAL: Leveltwo

-Listen guys and gals, it is getting towards that time of year when all the roads dry up and all the bikes come out of hibernation from the winter.

-Now is the time we start to ride, and for others it is another day, but please everyone listen.

-Too many riders have been lost and even some on this forum. I want us to remember our fallen riders, and remember what we are...

We are riders, a big family, and I want everyone to be safe!

PLEASE BE CAREFUL AS THE 2008 SEASON APPROACHES, AND PLEASE RIDE RESPONSIBLE, RESPECTFUL, AND DONT MAKE THIS YOUR LAST RIDE.

RIDE TODAY LIKE YOU WANT TO RIDE TOMORROW, HAVE A GREAT 2008 EVERYONE! See, Be Seen, and Have Fun!!!

Here is a link, even though it is from London, it is good and i thought it would fit in this thread:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/corporate/...wareness.shtml
Amen

Old 03-14-2008, 12:36 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remember seeing that one when the car pulls out in front of the bike and asks when someone should see a biker. I've only seen it once during prime time. GREAT commercial, but here in the states, we need DRIVER awareness of motorcycles, not so much of RIDER awareness. (like pizza delivery guys that pull out in front of people. [:@])...........I'll never let that go. F-ing Dominos.

Old 03-14-2008, 03:21 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

We do have quite a few motorcycle awareness ads over here..there is another they show regular...I will try and find it...

Old 03-14-2008, 06:55 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

ok here it is...this is the one we have running frequently just now and targeted at driver awareness of bikes...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2EzbTZJCHJo

Jules

Old 03-14-2008, 07:32 AM

ORIGINAL: flashman

I wish they would do something here. It really does make you think doesnt it! Everyday I think more and more about how I can be more careful and really it just comes down to paying attention to everything. My question is for those that ride with headphones how is that not distracting?

Not as bad as talking on a cell phone. I don't do it when I ride, but in the cage, the music doesn't distract me from what I'm doing. I may be singing, but I'm also scanning my mirrors.

Quick Reply: ARE YOU A RIDER? READ THIS NOW!