Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Are you Republican?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 06:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Are you Republican?

+1000 on keeping the guns, I'm all about preserving ones life and property, plus, I'm not big on a government that doesn't trust its law abiding citizens. What I want most is to be left alone, I want to get money from my wallet, not my government. I don't envy the rich or pitty the poor, my life is what I make of it good or bad, I rise or fall on my own merits. The thing that scares me about the dems is the whole "nanny" state idea they have. What ever happened to good ole common sense and getting your **** straight for yourself and not looking for an organization to do it for you?

Old 06-18-2008, 07:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Shocktroop
What ever happened to good ole common sense and getting your **** straight for yourself and not looking for an organization to do it for you?

Give a man a fish...

Old 06-18-2008, 08:21 PM
Retired Moderator

I'm registered Republican, consider myself Independant, and usually vote Republican. Obama to me is a Wolf in a sheep costume, but that's just me.

But please don't let this thread turn into a policial s**t fight guys. Let's try to keep it clean and mature. If not, it'll get locked and shut down.

Old 06-18-2008, 09:05 PM

ORIGINAL: pacemaker

Meaningless to me, being Strine

Man, sometimes I wish I was, too...or a Scot...or a Quebecois...or especially a Monegasque...anywhere without two political machines that exist solely to fatten their own coin purses...wait, that happens everywhere.

Pretty funny what Wiki says about Strine:

ORIGINAL: Wikipedia

Written Strine can be initially puzzling to the uninitiated, but reading it aloud can often resolve any confusion (especially for users of, or those familiar with, Australian English). For example: "Eye-level Arch: The Strine method of ordering a meal in a restaurant. As in: 'Eye-level arch play devoisters ...' " ("I'll have a large plate of oysters").

Old 06-18-2008, 09:11 PM

aww...common foxy....you miss all the fights...you know you want the opportunity to flex your moderator muscle

Old 06-18-2008, 09:22 PM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

But please don't let this thread turn into a policial s**t fight guys. Let's try to keep it clean and mature. If not, it'll get locked and shut down.
+1

I'm not even gonna mention my political views cause i'll just get hated on for the rest of my CBRForum life.

Oh yeah, I don't have a life since I'm always on the forums...

I'ma follow CBR rule number 2 on this one...

Old 06-18-2008, 09:58 PM
Friend and Hero ...

Hell, I'm an American whose ancestor sworn oath in 1775 Tuns Tavern http://www.usmcpress.com/heritage/usmc_heritage.htm Yes 1775, the founding of the Marine Corps before the founding of the country. Imagine that, who swore an oath to a republic. Not a ****ing democracy. What happened to that?

Who fought for freedom in 1775. Under a decoration of the Republic. In 2001 We fought for freedom again under democracy. What happened to the Republic answer that question if you think they're one and same. I suggest a little more than a basic search on the subject

Old 06-18-2008, 10:23 PM

ORIGINAL: HARDCORP 8654

What happened to the Republic

That's what I mean. The republic in which this democracy was founded has nothing to with Republicans and Democrats...

Old 06-18-2008, 10:37 PM
Retired Moderator

You guys are doing a good job of debating against the rules...we have done it before, and it has been tolerable so far, because everyone has posted with class. That being said:

Funny post, Woo, but the "Pubs" could make a similar video (I'd like to see it, if it exists). I was laughing my *** off at this video. I love political humor! I think I am registered as a Republican (since I could vote). You want a good laugh...I voted Perot back in the day. I thought hewould begood at money management...isn't that the true defenition of a politician? Anyway, I think McCain is older than Ronald Reagan(he's dead, yes), Obama has the worst name ever...is it REALLY: BarackHUSSEIN Obama? Ouch!!! Who is left? Eddy Murphy said it best...may I paraphrase? "You are going to get a shoe in your ***, pick the person with the smallest foot". I have beliefs that would make me a dictator, so I am not the obvious choice for president...too bad. I do believe that no one person will save our country. We may be hoping for a miracle that will never come every time we vote, regardless of their party affiliation. Is our country on the decline? How long do the best "reigning" civilizations last? Rome fell...are we Rome?

Old 06-18-2008, 11:15 PM

ORIGINAL: FLYOU

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

+1

I'm not even gonna mention my political views cause i'll just get hated on for the rest of my CBRForum life.

Oh yeah, I don't have a life since I'm always on the forums...

I'ma follow CBR rule number 2 on this one...
me too