Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

you meet some of the greatest people.....

Old 08-30-2008, 11:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default you meet some of the greatest people.....

on two wheels!

so i spent the whole day out riding today, enjoying the weather, meeting up w/ friends to cruise around and finaly decided to call it a night and head home. before going home i stopped by a local Wawa for a drink and across the parkinglot i spotted a old....i mean OLD bike (i believe he said a triumph). it had the huge, long, tall sissy bar and ape hangers, the bike was filthy and just looked very old and aged.

well, i bought my drink and while im standing there watching the ricers drive by w/ there obnoxious cans buzzing by, the owner of the bike came to shoot the **** w/ me. he looked like his bike, he was old, had a long grey beard that was so bushy that you couldnt even see his mouth move when he was talking, kinda comical . given the bike HE was riding, it was kinda cool to see him come over and compliment me on my '08 600RR. we talked for damn near a half hour on just about every topic you could think of revolving around motorcycles. it was great to find that the two of us had so much in common.........since if you saw us standing next to one another, you'd think we had ABSOLUTELY nothing in common. he told me how he has 4 other bikes, all older than '85. he told me his bike "was a old piece of **** and wasnt nice", i told him it still has two wheels, and thats all that matters. he mentioned one of his other bikes being filthy and still covered w/ dirt from a out of state ride to NC andi said he should leave it there, lol.....adds character and its all just memories of the ride.

he had on his denim vest, covered in patches, a bandana, and tattooed all up and down his arms. there i was wearing my A* leather jacket, A* boots, A* gloves and we're talking about everything you can think of w/ motorcycles........he was apart of a ABATE group in my area.

just thought i'd share. its late and im bored. just think its awesome that some of the nicest people you meet are people that ride.

Old 08-31-2008, 12:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: you meet some of the greatest people.....

thats pretty cool. yeah i have had convo's with people that dont even speak english (lots of hand gestures and sounds).

Old 08-31-2008, 12:13 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Some guys just care about looks and status. You can usually tell real riders quick though, and no matter what they are on, will come and share some stories with ya. Lot of cool folks on bikes out there.

Old 08-31-2008, 12:14 AM

I've met some awesome people riding. Girls and guys alike. Your post come off as sorta homoish though

Old 08-31-2008, 12:17 AM

i dont think it was homoish...he used complete sentences and discriptive words to help us picture what he felt. I think it was well put. I have met alot of great people riding.

Old 08-31-2008, 12:28 AM

Yeah, not at all. Pretending to ride past cops every day at 100mph is true homo..ish...ness.

Old 08-31-2008, 12:44 AM

ORIGINAL: SpiritRR

Pretending to ride past cops every day at 100mph is true homo..ish...ness.
I am laughing really hard right now[sm=smiley32.gif]

Old 08-31-2008, 01:32 AM

Sounds like a guy i met over the sturgis rally up here..he was on an old beat to hell bike..yellow, green, blue and rust color. he road it like 800somthing miles to get there..i couldnt believe it. i personally admired that bike more than ANY other $9238567234989 chopper running around there. and the guy was just one of the nicest most laid back people you will ever meet.

Old 08-31-2008, 02:38 AM

or could it be that bikers share a common bond that breaks the ice automatically...imagine all those regular folks out there that are just as interesting...too bad some of em don't have a 2 wheeled whip

Old 08-31-2008, 02:46 AM

^^+1

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: you meet some of the greatest people.....