Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Are you kidding me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 01:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are you kidding me!!!

Ok..so here is the story..ive got two speeders already and for the most part have been minding my buisness about racing at stoplights and the such.So im on my home last nite and it was a beautfiul nite for riding..65 degrees and not a cloud in the sky.For the most part the last 5 miles of my ride home is stop lite free and the traffic at nite humms around 70-75.Im hummin along 72 behind a Maxima when all of the sudden a car appears out of nowhere and is right behind me...so i signal, down shift and change lanes...minding my biz...see my opening and go down one more and the RR is aching for more...im in 3rd at 8k..so i grip it and rip it...and the car is still on me...we were at about 110 and i could see him out of the corner of my eye...when all of the sudden the light changed and i freeked...i grabbed the front brakes and feathered the rear and nosed the line...WOW talk about pukcer factor..id give it an 8...so the car that was chasing me gets up next to me and rolls down his tinted windows....car loaded with people...and the young man behind the wheel asks "What is that a 1000" and i told him..no a 600...he said "I would kill you"....LOL...and all the time i was watching the light..his girlie friends in the back admiring the paint...when the light changes and i get him in first thru second....then he gets me...at about 110 as i was reaching for 3...as he is passing me ..i get a glimpse of the car..it was a CLS 55...so i didnt feel so bad...and then it hit me....I was racing again...LOL...the same thing i got in trouble for...so i pulled the brake and slowed to 65....the Benz slowed too...we exchanged a wave and a honk as i veered off the exchange..i think he was suprised that i at least tried....and i know ill hear it ..but i seen it as an open challenge...i wasnt about to get punked ...LOL>...so the next time a silver Benz CLS 55 asks...GET EM....just a lil story..hadnt posted....have a great day all...

In Case anyone needs to know...this is a CLS 55.

Old 09-16-2006, 02:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Are you kidding me!!!

"...And I found myslf race'n again..." Ha HA HA !!!!!!!!!! Dang, these here sportbikes, is fast !!!!!!!!!!! I never imaginend, not going nuts, would be one of the hardest things ride'n. To work on every day... Back in the day... camaros, big block vette's, six pack mopars, firebirds, cyclones, 442's Almost EVERY light, It was on !!!!!! 24/7 !!!!!!!!!! they sold cobra's at the ford dealership !!!!!!!!!!!!! I grew up on the infamous "Renton loop", Blowersand highboys common.

Oh Lordy, I UNDERSTAND !!!!!!!!!!!! I struggle every day at 49, not to end up dead, in jail, or a part of a race gone horribly wrong, for some one else... I worry about new people, w/ this revalation of hyperspeed, at hand... EVERYBODY, PLEASE BE CAREFULL!!!!!!!!!! BE COOL, STAY ALIVE, TO RIDE ANOTHER FANTASTIC DAY !!!!!!!!!!!!! Clean and free, Ripp'n

Old 09-16-2006, 02:33 PM

Honestly, is the Benz that fast stock?

Old 09-16-2006, 03:31 PM

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS55 AMG
Base price $90,000 (MT est)

Engine 5.4L/469-hp, supercharged V-8, SOHC

Estimated Performance Specs
0-60 mph 4.73 seconds
1/4 mile 13.07 seconds at 108.01 mph
Lateral acceleration .93 g
Slalom 62 mph

according to cars.com

Old 09-16-2006, 10:19 PM

yea you must be a bad rider or there was something special bout that benz...you should be able to hand it to an slr

Old 09-17-2006, 01:27 PM

Yea you should have been able to take that car. I probably wouldnt have even raced him. Probably just laughed and told him he was an idiot.

Old 09-17-2006, 02:26 PM
VP

Assuming it was completely stock you could've given it to him...

One quick jetchip install and an hour on the dyno and that's another story... I know for a fact you can get 600 horses out of a stock 55 engine with less than a grand in tuning. And don't even get me started on the 65! (Stock at 604 horses with almost 900 ft/lbs of torque!)

Companies like RennTech offer cheap methods to turn your Benz into a super sleeper.

Old 09-17-2006, 03:43 PM

If you was ahead and he ended up passing you there is no way that car was stock.

Old 09-17-2006, 05:18 PM

he ended up passing you there is no way that car was stock.
+1 Or your bike was running on 2 cylinders. Have you checked that?

Old 09-18-2006, 03:22 PM

ORIGINAL: roketfreek
If you was ahead and he ended up passing you there is no way that car was stock.
Sound like a shot of nitrous? Dunno.

Oh and by the way... KIDS... don't try this at home!!!

Quick Reply: Are you kidding me!!!