Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 11:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yesterday

Yesterday was a definite milestone for my new bike and myself. I realized and even managed to come to terms with the fact that even though my 2006 F4i is only a month and 9 days old, it is no longer new - it now has 1200 miles on it.

I also finally got around to doing what I heard I would be doing from day 1. I dropped it..... yes, yes, Sad death tolls in the distance all that crap. I was disgusted with myself for about 20 seconds until I realized that I had done ABSOLUTELY NO DAMAGE whatsoever. Talk about a rush.... I was turning in the sand *going slowly enough, but I didn't swing the bike wide enough to go at it straighter* so when I turned the front tire caught the sand and came out from under me. I might have been doing5-7 miles an hour.

Old 04-15-2007, 12:13 PM
Default RE: Yesterday

Well...hmm...you didn't damage the bike and you're alive. woohoo!

Old 04-15-2007, 12:25 PM

Well... you're bike is no longer new, and now you cannot cannot be considered a noob!

At least your drop didn't result in an damage! Good job!

Old 04-15-2007, 12:30 PM

kinda feels good (in a wierd sort of way)to get that first drop out of the way doesnt. especially since there was no damage, other than your ego.

I have heard of guys going out and buying a bike, and just pushing it over first thing. just to get it out of the way. could be urban myth.

Old 04-15-2007, 12:41 PM

thanks for the non- "you moron" statements guys :-) I'm still kicking myself a little but we are leaving in a little while to go clean the bikes up and get everything back to pre-"play in the dirt" status. I'm sure that once it looks like nothing happened I'll feel a ton better about it.

Old 04-15-2007, 12:41 PM

guess I need to change my sig. to huh?

Old 04-15-2007, 12:44 PM

I was super proud of her, I was riding behind her and she was doing everything right, then the sand got her and she tried to save it, but when she couldnt she took a free dive off like she was jumping into the deep end of a swimming pool, hit the ground and tucked and rolled, ended up sitting indian style on the ground looking at her bike in disbelief, I killed mine didnt even bother putting it in N, and ran to her and she was fine, we got her bike up and nothing was wrong with it at all, she got lucky. I was proud of her, she took everything ive always told her and put it to use in 1/2 a second.=)

Old 04-15-2007, 01:10 PM
Retired Moderator

I saw the thread, and the unhappy face icon, and I was thining, "Oh $hit!" Glad you are okay, glad your pretty baby is okay, and glad hubby is okay! We have all hit a patch of gravel, or sand, or "tar snakes" in the road that cause is to leave extra stains in our chonies. You made a step up the wrung of experience. Again, glad you are okay.

Old 04-15-2007, 01:16 PM

Old 04-15-2007, 01:20 PM

Glad yer ok, gota watch for the "sand gremlins" they love to bring our bikes down [>:]

Quick Reply: Yesterday