CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Yesterday (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/yesterday-36235/)

txf4igirl 04-15-2007 11:19 AM

Yesterday

Yesterday was a definite milestone for my new bike and myself. I realized and even managed to come to terms with the fact that even though my 2006 F4i is only a month and 9 days old, it is no longer new - it now has 1200 miles on it.

I also finally got around to doing what I heard I would be doing from day 1. I dropped it..... yes, yes, Sad death tolls in the distance all that crap. I was disgusted with myself for about 20 seconds until I realized that I had done ABSOLUTELY NO DAMAGE whatsoever. Talk about a rush.... I was turning in the sand *going slowly enough, but I didn't swing the bike wide enough to go at it straighter* so when I turned the front tire caught the sand and came out from under me. I might have been doing5-7 miles an hour.

FFCBRf4i 04-15-2007 12:13 PM

RE: Yesterday

Well...hmm...you didn't damage the bike and you're alive. woohoo!:D

OldFatGuy 04-15-2007 12:25 PM

Well... you're bike is no longer new, and now you cannot cannot be considered a noob!:D

At least your drop didn't result in an damage! Good job!

krash 04-15-2007 12:30 PM

kinda feels good (in a wierd sort of way)to get that first drop out of the way doesnt. especially since there was no damage, other than your ego.

I have heard of guys going out and buying a bike, and just pushing it over first thing. just to get it out of the way. could be urban myth.

txf4igirl 04-15-2007 12:41 PM

guess I need to change my sig. to huh?

txf4igirl 04-15-2007 12:41 PM

thanks for the non- "you moron" statements guys :-) I'm still kicking myself a little but we are leaving in a little while to go clean the bikes up and get everything back to pre-"play in the dirt" status. I'm sure that once it looks like nothing happened I'll feel a ton better about it.

txn_driver 04-15-2007 12:44 PM

I was super proud of her, I was riding behind her and she was doing everything right, then the sand got her and she tried to save it, but when she couldnt she took a free dive off like she was jumping into the deep end of a swimming pool, hit the ground and tucked and rolled, ended up sitting indian style on the ground looking at her bike in disbelief, I killed mine didnt even bother putting it in N, and ran to her and she was fine, we got her bike up and nothing was wrong with it at all, she got lucky. I was proud of her, she took everything ive always told her and put it to use in 1/2 a second.=)

voodoochyl 04-15-2007 01:10 PM

I saw the thread, and the unhappy face icon, and I was thining, "Oh $hit!" Glad you are okay, glad your pretty baby is okay, and glad hubby is okay! We have all hit a patch of gravel, or sand, or "tar snakes" in the road that cause is to leave extra stains in our chonies. You made a step up the wrung of experience. Again, glad you are okay.

txf4igirl 04-15-2007 01:16 PM

city worker 04-15-2007 01:20 PM

Glad yer ok, gota watch for the "sand gremlins" they love to bring our bikes down [>:]

txf4igirl 04-15-2007 01:27 PM

I was actually turning into a guy's driveway. The first 5-6 feet of it is that real soft what i call "creek bottom sand" and its about 8-10 inches deep and thats what saved the bike from any damage. It cushioned the fall so everything turned out really good.

city worker 04-15-2007 01:28 PM

Off roading huh ???

txf4igirl 04-15-2007 01:43 PM

hahaha - yeah, I was trying to imitate the palm forest scene in Torque man!!!!

JZHALES 04-15-2007 03:03 PM

mad new people here seem to go down under 10mph because of debris why is that? maybe throttle control in certain situations, the guy that owned my bike before me dumped it turning out of work on rocks.

TK954RR 04-15-2007 03:13 PM

Glad you and bike are ok, sounds like you did a great job and not panicing at all.

HAVOC 04-15-2007 04:10 PM

txf4igrl- good job taking care of your baby . if you gotta go down just be happy there is no damage . so yesterday was like graduation for you ? LOL we should havea party for ya !

ORIGINAL: krash
I have heard of guys going out and buying a bike, and just pushing it over first thing. just to get it out of the way. could be urban myth.
i did that with both my f3's.....well kinda. lol when i 1st got them home parked there in the garage i put them onto there sides to see if i could pick them up alone just incase so when i did go down i knew i could. i didnt violenty kick them over or anything but i did lay my babies onto the ground ... it still sucked seeing them on the ground

txf4igirl 04-15-2007 07:23 PM

well we busted the bikes back out today - wiped the sand off and hit the twisty's hard!

drakito 04-15-2007 07:31 PM

You guys know who Troy Lee is? He hasdone many of the custom helmets and bike graphicsfor the pros. Well he said that a lot of guys will either drop their helmet the INSTANT they get them or have him do it for them, just to get it out of the way. SO they won't crash in a race, they would rather ding it up a little now than hugely later. He thought it was really weird. It was in an issue of SPEED magazine about 3 years back, with the white mazdaspeed rx-8 on the cover.
Sweet, yours is outta the way!

wsideshow 04-15-2007 07:42 PM

ORIGINAL: txf4igirl

thanks for the non- "you moron" statements guys :-) I'm still kicking myself a little but we are leaving in a little while to go clean the bikes up and get everything back to pre-"play in the dirt" status. I'm sure that once it looks like nothing happened I'll feel a ton better about it.
no one on here should call you a moron.Sheit happens.Learn from it and move on. Glad you nor the f4i took any damage.I have had a serious wreck once and I dropped the damn bike against my washer like a month ago doh lol

txf4igirl 04-15-2007 07:51 PM

ORIGINAL: wsideshow

I dropped the damn bike against my washer like a month ago doh lol

hahaha - I'm sorry that you dropped your bike but your admission just made me feel a 1000 times better about the sand!!!

EPNF4i 04-15-2007 08:07 PM

Glad to hear you didn't get hurt and there is no damage. You can call me a moron if you want. I was moving my bike in the garage a while back and didn't notice that kick stand must have hit something. I went to set it down and it just kept comming. Punched the signal right through the upper fairing and scratched the stator cover both of which I replaced. Oh well good lesson...............Always check the kick stand!

txf4igirl 04-15-2007 08:10 PM

yeah, when I bought mine the guy told me it was a good habit to always kick your kickstand from behind before you lean it over... So everytime I put it up, I made sure I kicked the kick stand. Now it's just 2nd nature to make sure the stand is down.

voodoochyl 04-15-2007 10:17 PM

I was pulling the bike in to the garage a week or so ago, put the kickstand down, and leaned the bike to get off. The bike kept going, apparently the kickstand only went halfway down. It was ALL I could do the keep that bike from falling into my wife's bike. I didn't drop my bike, but had toshove my intestines back in when I was done!

txf4igirl 04-15-2007 11:06 PM

ouch.... shoving intestines doesn't sound like much fun. Good save though!

KingMushroom 04-16-2007 06:06 AM

Here's the deal, EVERYONE who rides, WILL put their bike down. And in truth, you will drop your bike (even if a differant bike) several times in your lifetime.

05RR 04-16-2007 07:37 AM

I'm with Voodoo, when I seen the "smiley", etc., I was expecting the worse, but whew wee! Glad to hear that you're okay! If you still feel bad, don't, like most people that replied said, sooner or later, no matter who you are, you're going to drop your bike...I did! lol<I was washing the bike, got done and was going to take it in the garage to blow it off with the compressor, well, I mowed the yard that day and there was some grass that was still on the sidewalk, and when I went to get on the bike, my foot slipped on the cut grass<being wet, etc, and then "timber!"...Can't be any worse then the drunk guy at bike night @ QS&L here in Columbus<he had a $100,000+ custom OCC chopper that he came cruising in on, well, when he was walking out the doors, he was stumbling back n forth, obviouslly very drunk...I said something to one of the workers to make sure that he doesn't leave on his bike, and the worker said," He'll be okay...", so anyways, 1000+ people there, he goes to get on his bike, and when he went to "throw" his leg over the seat to sit down, his leg caught on the rear of the bike and fell over the bike with the bike "landing" on him!...you're bike's okay, you're okay<and that's all that matters :)!

rrasco 04-16-2007 11:37 AM

glad everything went well for ya, exact reason i bought a used bike. When I dropped it i couldnt even tell if there was any damage or not. 1 more time on a hill in a parking lot, and another when i almost got taken out in a parking lot, only damage there was a brake lever, so i had to ride 15 miles home with only a rear brake.

you got sliders on that thing yet?

txf4igirl 04-16-2007 03:08 PM

well I was actually getting to the point where I was thinking that sliders wouldn't really benefit me a whole lot... needless to say I'm back on the slider's frame of mind!

rrasco 04-16-2007 05:02 PM

try not to get in that frame of mind again, not a good thing to feel invincible on something that can teach you otherwise in a fraction of a second.