Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

yes.....just....yes

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 05:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yes.....just....yes

So I'm ridin my bike home from class today, and I'm about a mile from my house. I turn onto the road that leads to my neighborhood, and I take the turn slow and get straight. Now after the turn, there's this straight I always crank back the throttle on. Im still in first gear, probably up to 25 mph when I crank the throttle. My bike starts feeling a little weird, and I was like "oh great, what now?"

It had some problems on the way back, felt like fuel didnt get to it once (coulda been something of a mix between I need to clean the carbs, not desperately, but it needs done, and the fact that I had just filled up, dunno if there was some kind of inconsistency in the tank), other time in high revs it felt like the gear i shifted from was sticking and then switching late.

ANYWAY, so I still have the throttle back when it starts feeling weird and I look down (instinct, dont know why I do, the instrument panel doesnt tell you much about the engine, especially with a broken thermostat guage). I'm looking and realize the distance between my windshield and the road ahead is decreasing. Then it hit me. "I'm doin a power wheelie." Now I've never done a power wheelie, tried a clutch wheelie a few times but eventually decided without gear and without a crash cage, it was a BAD idea. NOR did I think it was even POSSIBLE on my bike without prepping it. I let of the throttle to set it back down and let the realization hit me. After a second or two, in my helmet I'm goin "YEAH B***HES, WOOO, YEEAAHHHAAAA"

I'm in complete wonder right now. My bike is all stock save the slip on exhaust. I counted the sprocket teeth myself. Maybe it was because I was at a steady "power band" rpm when I cranked it.

Anyway, that's my story that just happened like 5 minutes ago. Had to share it with SOMEONE. Didn't think this belonged in stunters corner cuz....I didnt mean to, lol.

Old 10-01-2008, 05:31 PM
Banned
Default RE: yes.....just....yes

Man, you must have just hit it right cause when I do power wheelies in first, there's no mistake about it. You crank those at about 6,000 RPM and you can hit balancing point without any problems. You must have done it at around 5,000 to make the front tire hover like that.

Old 10-01-2008, 05:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: CBRclassic

You be careful trying to re create it .... this one may have been an accident , but the next one you deliberately try , ....you do not want to have it turn out as an accident !!
Fantastic advice

Old 10-01-2008, 05:56 PM

Oh I concur, Not too sure how soon I will WANT to re-create it anyway, for the same reasons I dont want to try a clutch wheelie, no gear (cept helmet, I've been called on that before because i figured a helmet was a no brainer...no pun intended), no crash cage. I just never thought such an old bike would do it without prep (I never compressed the forks, didnt lean back) and without a liter engine in it. Lesson learned now, gotta watch that throttle, lol

Old 10-01-2008, 06:02 PM

ORIGINAL: soccer13pro2007

So I'm ridin my bike home from class today, and I'm about a mile from my house. I turn onto the road that leads to my neighborhood, and I take the turn slow and get straight. Now after the turn, there's this straight I always crank back the throttle on. Im still in first gear, probably up to 25 mph when I crank the throttle. My bike starts feeling a little weird, and I was like "oh great, what now?"

It had some problems on the way back, felt like fuel didnt get to it once (coulda been something of a mix between I need to clean the carbs, not desperately, but it needs done, and the fact that I had just filled up, dunno if there was some kind of inconsistency in the tank), other time in high revs it felt like the gear i shifted from was sticking and then switching late.

ANYWAY, so I still have the throttle back when it starts feeling weird and I look down (instinct, dont know why I do, the instrument panel doesnt tell you much about the engine, especially with a broken thermostat guage). I'm looking and realize the distance between my windshield and the road ahead is decreasing. Then it hit me. "I'm doin a power wheelie." Now I've never done a power wheelie, tried a clutch wheelie a few times but eventually decided without gear and without a crash cage, it was a BAD idea. NOR did I think it was even POSSIBLE on my bike without prepping it. I let of the throttle to set it back down and let the realization hit me. After a second or two, in my helmet I'm goin "YEAH B***HES, WOOO, YEEAAHHHAAAA"

I'm in complete wonder right now. My bike is all stock save the slip on exhaust. I counted the sprocket teeth myself. Maybe it was because I was at a steady "power band" rpm when I cranked it.

Anyway, that's my story that just happened like 5 minutes ago. Had to share it with SOMEONE. Didn't think this belonged in stunters corner cuz....I didnt mean to, lol.
Sure you arn't crashing?

Old 10-01-2008, 06:14 PM

^^ he was dropping the front end coming down from the wheelie. took me a second to figure out what he meant too.

That was how i did my first wheelie too, kinda scared me more than anything cuz i was not ready for it and a very new rider, have done it a few more times on the 54 but still not real comfortable with it. Just taking it slow, i have my whole life to do wheelies lol i dont want to get greedy and loop it.

as classic said, careful recreating it!

Old 10-01-2008, 06:15 PM

LOL didnt think it could have been taken that way
gotta be careful when describing perspectives

Old 10-01-2008, 06:18 PM

yeah when i do a power wheelie my front tire doesnt pop like all the way up...thats y i stick to clutch lol

Old 10-01-2008, 06:24 PM

what I meant was the window was nearing the horizon, miswording I guess, better choice woulda been the distance between the horizon and the window was decreasing

ORIGINAL: feliped

yeah when i do a power wheelie my front tire doesnt pop like all the way up...thats y i stick to clutch lol
I Like the look of a power wheelie better, its not so much stunting as the bike being SICK, at least in GP it looks cool, lol