Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Yay! I lowsided! :-)

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 08:48 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good to hear that you & your bike aren't too worse for wear. Hope all goes well w/ your bike's repairs & you heal up quickly.

Old 04-08-2012, 01:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kowen1208
One thing I learned early on was how slick road paint can be.
Hmm, I didn't know that, glad I read this thread. You and Kuroshio might have just saved me from a possible accident.

Old 04-08-2012, 03:54 AM
Party Animal, ROTM June 2014

You should try it here in Italy...the paint they use on the road has no reflective properties OR adhesion modifiers (sand) added to it. I can sometimes hear/feel my rear tire spin up on this stuff when it is dry. Wet is just plain scary. I avoid it at all cost.

Old 04-08-2012, 04:46 PM

Glad your okay. Looks like it would have been bad if you did not have any gear.

Old 04-08-2012, 06:22 PM

Glad to see you are ok. The bike will be fine. Im sure your ego is a little bruised also. But at least you are in 1 piece.

Just wanted to throw it out there no one has said it yet. All of us have got to make sure we wear all of our gear all of the time. Good PPE will save you every time+ experience.

I am just a beginner and I have some gear but I will be buying the rest before I get on another bike.

Sadly I could not get my bike running well enough so I just sold it last Tuesday. Going to have to wait until next tax season to buy another. But I have a good lead on a 2000 CBR 600 f4 from a co-worker for $2000.

Best wishes and fast recovery

Old 04-08-2012, 10:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Actually, you'll be seeing it up at the dealership on Monday. Filed a claim with my insurance and I'll let the service dept handle the fun. Even though she rode straight and true back home, she did hop a curb. Wanna have her checked by pros
We've got top-notch guys in the shop. Looks like you'll be one-upping me in the mods department once they cut you that check.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by chainstretcher
Good moderators are hard to find

Originally Posted by chainstretcher;1147569I got a set of grabits from Lowe's years ago and it's the best f'd up bolt extractors I've ever used. [B
Way better than EZ outs (misnomer if ever there was one).[/B]
+50K, EZ-OUTS suck, I can attest to that. Never used Grabits, but I have used EZ-Outs on my truck and it was a huge pain because they sucked.(Avoid EZ-Outs at all costs).

Old 04-09-2012, 09:37 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

damn kuro, that sucks, glad you're alright. walking away pissed off is always better than riding away on a stretcher any day.

bike doesn't look too bad. as far as the bolts, there's a lot of extracters out there for it. you could just take a sharpened chisel and make a groove in the bolt for a flat head screw driver. there's also ez- outs and grabits, and you could drill out the heads of the other bolts, pull the case off around them, and then use a pair of pliers to take out all the bolts.

there's more than one way to skin a cat.

anyways, glad you're okay and it looks like you'll have a great excuse to put some more cool stuff on yolie.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Right now I'm thoroughly pissed off about the claim process. Everything has been handled smoothly and professionally till now: the towing process.

The towing company has blown my day and most of the time before the dealership closes jacking around. Bout to call and utterly rip into them

Old 04-09-2012, 03:41 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Correction... Now I'm furious! Dunno what Mickey Mouse companies they farm their tow work out to, but I will damn sure be giving Rider an earful about what transpired.

The tow just left and I can guarantee if it wasn't involved in an insurance claim, if I had called due to a breakdown, I'd already be on the phone with the dispatch company asking if they had lost their ****ing mind. Dude showed up with a pickup truck, motorcycle ramp and straps! No flatbed. Then he asked for MY help pushing Yolie up the ramp! Wtf?!?

Sure, a pickup and a ramp is fine if I'm transporting her somewhere. But that's my choice to make. But my dealer damn sure didn't deliver her in a pickup. And I don't expect anyone hired to transport a motorcycle to show up with anything less than a flatbed. Preferably a motorcycle carrier van. And asking for my help??? What if I weren't here and it was my girlfriend instead??? He ran down to the corner to get his "partner" to help instead. His "partner" being a friend that works at the corner gas station. And then came the fun part... Watching them try to push 400+ lbs up a standard bike ramp into the bed of a 4x4 from the street.

I absolutely refused to help. I was not going to become liable if something happened during the loading process. After watching Mickey and Goofy struggle with Yolie halfway up the ramp (come on we ALL know that's impossible unless you're the Hulk), I stopped pretending she didn't run and told them how to start her. "I do this all the time! We always transport motorcycles like this!". Yeah right. That's why he got stumped on what to do next when Yolie was at the top yet he and his "partner" were still standing on the ground. One of the two idiots was gonna have to get in the bed if the truck... But they didn't figure that out till I said so. It was either say something or watching a precariously swaying Yolie fall off the truck and hurt herself when she crushed one of the idiots.

I called the dealer and let them know to expect Yolie. I also asked they give me a call when she got there along with a full visual inspection for any new damage. Shoulda let the twips drop her and be on the hook for buying me a new bike. But Yolanda is my girl. I don't want a replacement.

Last edited by Kuroshio; 04-09-2012 at 03:46 PM.

Quick Reply: Yay! I lowsided! :-)