Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Yay got MY bike out for 1st time, and guess what.........

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 10:18 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Yay got MY bike out for 1st time, and guess what.........

Gawdammt man. Yours was my favorite bike on the forum, terrible. I'm sick to my stomach man, I've been away for two days, lurked back and I think I see 3 more accidents.

I'm glad you're okay man, I wish you and your bike the best.

Old 03-27-2008, 10:28 AM

Damn man, I hope that this doesn't affect the group ride. I wish the best to ya on getting that stator cover fixed so she can hold some oil for the ride.

ORIGINAL: TK954RR

Good eyes, going west on B turning left onto Deeffield.

Old 03-27-2008, 10:31 AM

not another. glad your ok bro, but damn, this is starting to get out of hand!

Old 03-27-2008, 10:45 AM

Im speechless...
Glad to hear your ok..

Old 03-27-2008, 01:28 PM

Holy s**t man. Glad your ok and the bike can be fixed. This is getting way to out of hand for me. I was out last night for about and hour and a half and really had no problems at all, but I was playing it extra safe for the most part. Well I did just geton it and I get hit by a gust of wind and the front end started to pick up at about 85MPH and it shook me up a bit,but no big deal. All of this is making me not want to ride with my main rideing buddy becasue he is dumb. He texts and rides, does wheelies past me, runs from the cops and is just and over all squid that has got lucky.

I have my bike for sale soI can get a newer or new bike, but all the wrecks makes me almost want to just sell the bike and all my gear and build my truck more or get a nicer DD.

So far on one from here has died, but I feel it's just a short matter of time before someone gets badly hurt or killed ERRR!!!! this is wayit took me so long to get a street bike and now i'm getting thoes same old feeling about street riding again.

Old 03-27-2008, 01:41 PM
Registered Users

i think a lot of this is cobwebs....all of us need to take it VERY slow when we start up again....bikes require much more patience and awareness and a season off makes you more lax and you have to get back into the right mindset...plus you have people wanting to ride so bad that we are overeager and hopping on roads without checking them out or not noticing that remnants of winter may still exist on the road....

my suggestions...

1) ride slow for your first few rides, there is no need to start tapping the red on your first few rides, there is plenty of time for that later
2) check your roads
3) be very aware (like we should be all the time)

and this one is going to sound controversial.....

4) ride alone your first few rides....you can only control yourself and if someone you ride with is not thinking about 1, 2, or 3, but you are, it may still not make a difference....

i will personally ride alone until "it comes back to me" and I am comfortable again.....i don't want to have to worry about getting myself back into the groove while also having to worry about the guy next to me not being ready or thinking....

just take a few rides to get the cobwebs out by yourself, slowly, on some main roads....when the feeling comes back....ramp it up slowly until you are back at where you were last season....

at least this way, if something happens, you only have yourself to deal with....the fact that TK got nailed by some other biker, likely shaking out the cobwebs too sucks....

please everyone...stay safe! i hate to see it, but i can handle the "i went down threads"....i don't think i could handle the "RIP" threads!

Old 03-27-2008, 01:45 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Northern i will easily be ready for the group ride, i got a stator cover comin already (THANKS VP) and everything else i need is being ordered today.

Bumble Bee it does sound like you need a new riding buddy, but dont let all these downs that have been happening effect you. Almost all of the ones i have read including mine have been mostly out of our own doing, or just freakish accidents. If you really feel deep down that your not safe then by all means give it up, but if you think even for 1 day that you will miss it then get that new bike.

This wasnt my first ride this year, i rode my buddies R1 a few times already, just first trip out on mine (i was in limbo from a parts place), it was just a freakish thing. Just remember something could happen just as easily on you drive to work, or to get lunch as it could on your bike, dont let this stuff rattle you. I know the second my bike is fixed i am going back out, and gonna enjoy the heck out of it.

Old 03-27-2008, 01:47 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

OH and KID, welcome back bud, if you dont stick around this time, i will go straight out and lay my bike down again

Old 03-27-2008, 02:35 PM

I knew he wouldn't stay away, this site is WAy too addicting!!

Welcome Back Kid, and get back on it soon TK!!