Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

XBox 360 Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 02:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: XBox 360 Suggestions

I was going to say, mein has an HDMI port, I think all the ones manufactured after aug/07 have them. So ya, only way I'd buy PS3 is cuz of "Uncharted" that game is wicked

Old 10-15-2008, 08:39 AM

Good find rrasco. I need one of those kits. I have a 1080 HD tv and it would be nice to utilize a HDMI port on the damn thing. I have one for my dvd player but that is it.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:41 AM

60gb..i only got the 20 that i got when it first came out...spent like $412 for it. im close to filling it..i just cleared it out though and now i have like 6gb left. but they first hit the market quite awhile ago...im actually thinking about going and picking up a 60 soon as well.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:05 PM

I would highly recommend getting the highest gb model you can afford. There doing an Xbox dash update on Nov 13th that will let you rip your games onto your hard drive so you don't have to listen to the noisy cd drive. You can also be more lazy and not have to get up to switch games!

Old 10-15-2008, 01:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: RBrandon

I would highly recommend getting the highest gb model you can afford. There doing an Xbox dash update on Nov 13th that will let you rip your games onto your hard drive so you don't have to listen to the noisy cd drive. You can also be more lazy and not have to get up to switch games!
no ****, i havent heard about this, but if its true, american laziness FTW!!!

Old 10-15-2008, 02:44 PM

First - the update is on Nov 19th, not Nov 13th.

Second - I haven't heard anything at ALL about ripping games on to the hard drive, I doubt that is real / valid info. http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/nxe/ for more info.

i ::still:: say get the pro. you can always get a bigger hard drive in the future if you really really need it. 1 game = maybe 6gb? so even if you COULD rip games, you could have 5-6 games at once even with 60gb.

Arcade = not enough stuff
Elite = rip off
Pro = just right.

Old 10-15-2008, 08:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im back on xbox live bitches, lets play some ****ing COD

Old 10-15-2008, 09:22 PM

i just tried to play catmang. my damn internet isnt having it though. im playing stupid oblivion cause its the only game i own thats fun not online. ill try cod later...add my gamertag. same as CBRF tag.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Xx New Guy xX

Second - I haven't heard anything at ALL about ripping games on to the hard drive, I doubt that is real / valid info. http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/nxe/ for more info.
http://www.gamespot.com/features/6198823/p-2.html

"The NXE will also add some new hardware functionality in addition to the user interface improvements and new Xbox Live features. You will now be able to install games on the console hard disk. Penello estimates that it will take about eight to nine minutes to rip a disc to the hard disk. A hard disk installation should speed up load times, but Penello says that another major benefit will be reduced noise because the system won't need to spin up the noisy optical drive."

Old 10-15-2008, 10:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Xx New Guy xX

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6198823/p-2.html

"The NXE will also add some new hardware functionality in addition to the user interface improvements and new Xbox Live features. You will now be able to install games on the console hard disk. Penello estimates that it will take about eight to nine minutes to rip a disc to the hard disk. A hard disk installation should speed up load times, but Penello says that another major benefit will be reduced noise because the system won't need to spin up the noisy optical drive."
interesting - I also did some googling on this, but nothing absolutely concrete (gamespot has been wrong before). My statement still stands tho, the pro is the best deal out of the three xboxes.

Quick Reply: XBox 360 Suggestions