Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

WTF?!?! Is this necessary?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 07:26 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WTF?!?! Is this necessary?

I watched a movie on the HBO family channel the other day, and after it was over, they had an ad for a new show. The premise is, Rosie O'donnell hires out a cruise ship, and all the Gay, or Lesbian, or Bi-Sexual, or Tensgender people can take their adopted kids on this ship and have a cruise. Okay, that's fine Rosie, but IT IS ON THE HBO FAMILY CHANNEL! When did HBO family channel start promoting homosexuality? Do they really want somesix year old to watch the muppet movie and then afterwards have that child ask why those kids have two mommies or two daddies (or why those two mommies have wicked huge adam's apples)? Aparently, HBO thinks I am further along on the road to acceptance than I am. I just didn't figure they would start with a children's programing channel. I thinkthat is BS, and best left to the parents to talk about that stuff with their younger children when they decide to, not to have themlearn about it after they finish watching The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie.

P.S. I can't wait for that new show on PBS called: "Hey little Timmy, I like to blow manchowder into another man's hairy a$$h0le"

The End

Old 07-05-2008, 07:35 PM

Why not just change the channel???

maybe its just because i live in NY and am subject to people of all different backgrounds and practices, But it doesnt bother me one bit what the next person is doing or how they do it.

basically, get over it and worry about ones own "flaws"

Old 07-05-2008, 08:19 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: NY Erion929

Why not just change the channel???

maybe its just because i live in NY and am subject to people of all different backgrounds and practices, But it doesnt bother me one bit what the next person is doing or how they do it.

basically, get over it and worry about ones own "flaws"
I have already said I sould watch less TV, then it woudln't be an issue. The problem I have with this one is, ifsomeone's kids are watching a movie, they can get a whiff of the Gay Boat show on a children's entertainment channel. It is not like they are watching "Skinemax" at 11:30 at night. Do I have to put parental cotrols on the HBO family channel? I wonder whatpercentage of families have gay parents. Is there such on OVERWHELMING demand for children's gay programming? What about bald midget proctologists...where are their TV shows. Now that is demographic that may also be overlooked...let's not leave any stone unturned!

Old 07-05-2008, 11:23 PM

So...uh, instead of accidentally letting HBO spill the beans...why don't you tell them. Just say, whew, you know Timmy, some people, not very many, but some, when they grow up, feel more comfortable only spending time with boys, or only spending time with girls. Me, I'm a boy, just like you Timmy, but I'm older now, and I love spending time with beautiful girls! Just look at your mom...she is smokin' hot.

That's right Timmy, I'm your mom, and now that I'm a grown up, and hot, I love being around boys. But some girls, when they grow up, they don't like boys very much. They feel more comfortable around other girls. Once in awhile, they get kinda silly, like on that TV show we saw last night, okay? You know how, like at school, during recess, boys and girls don't play together...well, sometimes grown-ups are the same way. All you have to rememberTimmy, is to be yourself, love yourself the way you are, freckles and everything, cause we love you, and want you to be happy, okay? Now, clean your room, or you're headed for a smack-bottom.

This way, when your kids see that you're not freaking out, then they trust you, and won't freak out themselves when confronted by something unfamiliar.

Old 07-05-2008, 11:44 PM

Only men could do plays
Only white men could do plays with black painted faces
Only men and women could do plays
Only white men and women could do plays
Only whites could do movies
Only whites and colored could do movies
Can you complete this?

Old 07-06-2008, 06:27 AM

ORIGINAL: Mastyx

+1 to all you guys

I'm definately not for being gay, but we live in a country where people are alloud to do what they want. I just dont want to hear about it everywhere i go....I dont have a straight pride bumpersticker on my bike or car...
HAHAHA! I totally agree. I have always thought "Hey do what you want, as long as you aren't trying to do it to me" when it comes to the whole gay thing. I do have to agree though that it seems the whole "in your face" gayness has gotten a bit annoying. Annoying enough I might have to change my passive stance on being tolerant to gays coming out of the closet. I may have to start up a heterosexual-Pride Parade, just to kind of try and get things a bit more balanced. Imagine the Heterosexual Pride Parade, we could get all outrageous like the gay folks do minus all the......Gay stuff. Like we would probably have street vendors selling pizza, burgers etc. at our parade instead of the catered H'orderves and weiners.

Old 07-06-2008, 03:12 PM

I agree on the "Dont turn me gay" thing just like the religion (jeeez not everyone beleives in your spaghetti monster), but how many of you have had a gay person come up to you and try to convert you? Religion is out of hand, not gayness.