Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

wow never thought buying a bike would be so hard

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 06:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wow never thought buying a bike would be so hard

so i been bike shopping lately. i had an f4i and liked it becuase it seemed to give the best of bother worlds to me. comfort and fun to ride on the weekends.

so i been trying to find another 01-03 f4i and it seems every one wants a fortune for there damn bikes now a days. i sold my 01 for 4500 with 15k maybe a year ago and it was pretty much a mint bike.

now when i go looking at motorcycles every one wants 4-5g for a beat up bike. which i guess i wouldn't have a problem with if and f4i didnt blue book at 4g for a bike in good shape. why are they trying to sell them for so much over blue book ?

so i said screw it ill buy something new. we have a local dealer that houses ever brand of import bike except bmw. so i go down i tell them id like a 600 or something equivalent to my old f4i. they take me to the Yamaha fz600r which i didnt like. it looked like they put new body work on a very dated bike. they showed me the suzuki gs but told me dont wast my time with it or the ninja 650r which they told me i wouldn't like either. so i went and sat on the 600rr which they said was the most comfortable of the 600 true sport bikes. i hated it soon as i sat on it. it felt so much more uncomfortable then the f4i it wasn't funny.

i literally cant seem to find one bike i like at the dealership. right now you have a choice between die hard sport bikes and panzified versions of a sport bikes. there is no middle ground for a rider like me who wants something to go bang through the corners on sat and Sunday and go to work monday-friday with it. i thought the f4i was great for that.

Old 04-25-2009, 07:32 AM

My GSXR compared to my f4i is night and day, it is so much more comfortable. My back doesn't kill me, my legs don't fall asleep, and my wrists are no longer sore after an hour of freeway riding.

You have to sit on a bunch of different bikes and test drive them to find what fits you best.

Old 04-25-2009, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by some guy #2
My GSXR compared to my f4i is night and day, it is so much more comfortable. My back doesn't kill me, my legs don't fall asleep, and my wrists are no longer sore after an hour of freeway riding.

You have to sit on a bunch of different bikes and test drive them to find what fits you best.
whats your height. i rode my freinds gsxr 750 was an 08 didnt seem to fit me any better. i salo sat on the ninja 600 i didnt try the r6

Old 04-26-2009, 06:14 AM

Have you looked at the sport/touring class of bikes yet?

Old 04-26-2009, 10:14 AM

Yamaha still makes the R6 S. Which is basically the 03 R6. I would put it on par with the F4i for performance and comfort.

But I agree with Hangfire 100 percent. Dont rush into something you really dont want. There are plenty of sportbikes out there for sale and you'll come across a good deal sooner or later.

Old 04-26-2009, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Rod38um
Have you looked at the sport/touring class of bikes yet?
I wanted an Interceptor initially. Something sporty, yet comfy for long rides.

Old 04-26-2009, 01:26 PM

well i haven't sat on the 929 or 954 to be honest i don't know a whole lot about them. i assumed they would be pretty aggressive in the seating. im 5'7" so im a little guy and when i got all stretched out on the 600rr it was hard on my wrists just siting on the bike while talking to the sales men for 10 minutes i got on it and knew right off the bat it wasn't for me. i really thought that when i went to the dealer i was gona jump on a few bikes and find something i liked so much so that i walked into the dealership with 2g in my pocket for a down payment. i was kinda in shock and shacking my head when i left thinking wow not one bike that i liked.

i haven't looked into the sport/touring aggressively. i haven't seen any Honda dealers locally with an interceptor. i did ride a few cruisers to try them out and they just didn't cut it the v twin didn't have the punch i wanted and i thought they were hard to stop. i did try the fz6r and like i said it felt dated and i really don't like yamahas with the exception of the jetskis.

another reason i didnt look into the 929 and 954 was just that i felt the 600 had more then enough power for me. i never felt i out grew the bike and i like the power band of the f4i. i also like the ergonomics. i find it a real shame Honda never continued the line.

i guess ill have to wait and look around a little more im not in a big rush to jump on any thing so i can hold out. plus im going on vacation in 3 weeks for 3 weeks so its getting to the point im gonna have to wait till i get back any way.

word of advice for you younger guys like me. dont ever let a women talk you out of something your like no matter what she puts in your head LOL.

Last edited by 95camaro01f4i; 04-26-2009 at 01:29 PM.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:58 PM

When I tried selling my bike everyone laughed at the fact that I had it listed for $4,000. I had tons of interest but no one wanted to come see the bike and see the fact that It's worth what I was asking... It pisses me off how people think! They automatically low ball.. With out even coming to see the bike.

There's NICE F4i's out there at $4000. I know I just tried selling mine.

Old 04-26-2009, 02:09 PM

i have no problem paying for g for a nice bike with a little rash on it. i have a problem paying 4g for a 01 bike with a broken front fairing beat to hell and a ton of miles when i see some 05 in mint shape low mile going for 5g.

im also not going to pay 4g for a bike that's 2/3 different colors from mix and match fairings or is spray painted black or any other color for that mater.

i mean i guess its all in what your looking for i want a stock red and black f4i just cause i had so many problems with my old modded f4i when it came to getting the bike inspected. but to me when the blue book is 4g on a mint bike thats where your starting price should be and then damage should be deducted for that point. its not a matter of wanting to pay nothing for something its a mater of paying what something is actually worth.

if you look at the bike in my wtb thread you will see a 02 with 8g on it i think that bike is worth 5g but its clear across the country or i would be on that in a heart beat.

edit: by the way i looked at pics of your bike. its a nice bike im sure to someone its worth 4g its not what im looking for though. but like for me the fact you removed the vinyls on the side of the bike, and the lack of turn signals on the rear make it a less desirable bike. ill be hassled when i go to get the bike inspected and by the police. i personally like the vinyls and there very expensive to replace. i believe oems are about 125+ a side

Last edited by 95camaro01f4i; 04-26-2009 at 02:15 PM.

Quick Reply: wow never thought buying a bike would be so hard