Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Wow just a verbal warning

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 03:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wow just a verbal warning

Was on the way back from lunch with the wife, just pulling into my driveway and I hear the whooop sound from somewhere. Sure enough I look behind me as I am taking off my helmet, here comes mr officer. I guess a bunch of high school kids had been speeding through and I looked like a prime example. He said he clocked me at 31, in a 15 mph school zone (next to a high school), but what pisses me off is there was absolutely no kids present. He let me off with a verbal warning and said he was glad to see I was wearing gear and that I should encourage my friends to do so.

Old 03-13-2007, 03:47 PM
Default RE: Wow just a verbal warning

Well, atleast he let you off with nothing. People down here dont slow down for anything, including flashing lights. Hell, they barely stop for stop lights. But hey, atleast he was cool and let you go, and atleast you can ride there now.

Old 03-13-2007, 03:54 PM

wont lie I was shaking as I walked back into the house. That ever happen to anyone else?

Old 03-13-2007, 04:48 PM

That kind of thing used to happen to me a lot. But I also used to get pulled over a lot for my own fault. Haven't had a ticket in 10 years and my days of getting pulled over every 3 months are gone. But I think that while some cops hate bikes, if you are wearing gear and don't hassle them, you can get off just like you did. I think the cop embellished the story by saying he clocked YOU. He probably was just checking out the scene and using his authority to make sure you ride safe.

Old 03-13-2007, 05:07 PM

Telgren,
Similar thing happened to me, too, except I was in my car.
I was coming home and I turned into my neighborhood and took off.
Keep in mind, this part of my neighborhood was a road that was just completed, with no houses and no people around.
I hit those streets (30 mph limit) and did about 60 all the way to my house.
A good minute and a half after I park outside my house, I'm rummaging in my car for stuff I want to take inside, and a cop pulls up.
He gets out and comes and talks to me. First question out of his mouth was "How many drinks have you had tonight?"
And he ended up giving me a verbal warning. I was shocked =)
--Acumen

Old 03-13-2007, 05:34 PM

I was clocked at 132mph and only given a ticket that stated "in excess of 100mph" I told the cop i was on my way back to college, it was october, I was cold so i wanted to get home fast. There was no one on the highway, middle of no where, so he gave the ticket and let me go. I thought for sure I was gonna have my bike impounded. he told me to slow down and be safe. After that, I stayed at the speed limit til i got home.

Old 03-13-2007, 05:59 PM

Lucky bastard.

Old 03-13-2007, 08:13 PM

Wait while i put on my flame retardant gear...

132mph. Damn you should have just ran him. How fast could he possibly catch up?

Old 03-13-2007, 10:32 PM

lets just say me and all judges are on a first name basis,lol

Old 03-13-2007, 10:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Dluv35

I was clocked at 132mph and only given a ticket that stated "in excess of 100mph" I told the cop i was on my way back to college, it was october, I was cold so i wanted to get home fast. There was no one on the highway, middle of no where, so he gave the ticket and let me go. I thought for sure I was gonna have my bike impounded. he told me to slow down and be safe. After that, I stayed at the speed limit til i got home.
There is no such thing, atleast here. 30+ is all the same

Quick Reply: Wow just a verbal warning