Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Wow...just lost my job.

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 05:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wow...just lost my job.

A sixxer? Hell I need that on a good day, or maybe for breakfast.FWIW, I've been riding on a plugged tire for 5K miles of all sorts of riding, dead right in the center, a roofing nail. Put a mushroom plug in it, no problems. Maybe if your hitting the track or something a plug might be of concern, but other that that, I don't see it. Just my .02.

Old 01-05-2009, 05:02 PM

So lame man, but you won't be down for too long, you're too talented. I had to sell my bike in November to pay the bills, worse feeling ever, I hope it won't come to that for you. All I do now is sulk about not having a bike, butit certainly could be worse. I'll have a cold beerin your honor tonight sir.

Old 01-05-2009, 05:08 PM
Retired Moderator

It is such crap weather here that I will not be pushing any boundaries any time soon. While I am not a fan of plugged tires per say, it will get me to and fro. I can also ride my wifes 250 until I have another option.

Old 01-05-2009, 05:23 PM

Sorry about the recent turn of events for you BUT your wife could have made your day 10 times worse, instead she kept positive and made your day better. That is a good partner you have! Definately something to be happy about.

I was once told that it will take about a month for every $10k/yr you made; so if you were making 40k/year, plan for 4 months until you land another job. Obviously, this is not an exact science, but I just don't want you getting upset if you don't have a new job by next week.

Keep positive!

Old 01-05-2009, 07:00 PM

that sucks man. It is really stressful when that **** happens especially at a time like this. Just keep your chin up and I am sure something better will come your way.

Old 01-05-2009, 08:16 PM

I know there is a thread that says we are not in a Great Depression, but damn, sure feels like it to those of us in the cold. I mean, no bread lines or CCC or WPA...but there is a Slight Panic among American workers, I think.

Good luck Chris...actually I can totally see you making your own luck, driving your own vehicle of fate...even with a nail in the tire.

You will get there mang, I have faith in that, if nothing else.[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 01-05-2009, 08:25 PM

Doodoo, that sucks big donkey doo! Man, I am freaking pissed right now. This happened to me, as you know, 3 months back or so. I have still not found a job. Seriously, you will be fine. If a dud like me can stay a float for 3 months with no job, I would say you got ten years. Like everyone else said, all cliches aside, keep your head and stay positive.

Old 01-05-2009, 08:28 PM

Only a 6 pack? Surely you could justify a 30 rack, pony keg? Good luck homie, always works out in the end. Everything happens for a reason.

Old 01-05-2009, 09:24 PM

Really sorry to hear the news.

You have plenty of talents, though, so think outside the provervial box, and you should be back on your feet in no time...

Better yet, post up your resume, or a list of your talents/skills and let CBRF throw out some feelers to see what's available out there.

Where is "Fort Awesome" located? Let's see if we can find something near there.

Quick Reply: Wow...just lost my job.