Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Wow...just lost my job.

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 12:18 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wow...just lost my job.

Ten years and done. Terribly depressed at the moment. Wife is skiing right now so Ihave a full day of anticipating getting to tell her. Don't know what to do...sell the bikes? Sell the Laguna Seca tickets? Probably. ****, I don't even have a car. I have had a work truck for the last three or four years. Insult to injury, I have a rear flat on the bike (nice nail). Hahaha...I have to spend $150 to even be able togo anywhere. That will make it even harder to get to the gigs I have. I think I want to get sloppy drunk. I think I want to cry. I think I want to puke. I think I feel very alone. This is the worst moment that I will have. It gets better from right now, but right now really sucks. Had to vent...thanks for listening.

The only time I have ever felt worse is when my first wife kicked me out. I went to my parentswho were out of town. I ordered a pizza. When I got into the fridge to get some milk, I noticed the expiration date was the same as my birthday. That just seemed cosmically very humorous at the time. Happy birthday, would you like some expired milk, because that is as good as it is going to get.

P.S. You have to love HR. She was very matter of fact and smiled at me the whole time like she was trying to sell me a time share. I think I have already lost my severance paperwork. ****!

Old 01-05-2009, 12:22 PM
Default RE: Wow...just lost my job.

Oh man sorry to hear that. Don't sell the bike! (as long as it's paid off, that is)
What was the reason for them letting you go?

Old 01-05-2009, 12:26 PM

I got laid off over 2 months ago. Good luck man it sucks, i have defiantly done my share of drinking since. Hopefully your resume is a little more impressive then mine.

go to unemployment immediately, i put it off out of laziness/non acceptance of reality.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:26 PM

sorry to hear that voodoo.... hopefully things willget betterfor ya

Old 01-05-2009, 12:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn, i thought they kept giving you more area and raises and what not? now the boot huh? that sucks man, sorry voods.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:31 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Awww man I'm so sorry to hear that voodoo Trust me I know how it goes.... I've been out of work since the beginning of Nov. But don't let it get to ya too much..... take a deep breath and relax, and remember things could always be worse. Friends and family will be able to get you through damn near anything.... you'll be fine, so don't sweat it. Just be creative and find other ways to make some income in the meantime until you find something else. I made up some little brochures for doing automotive repair here at the house and printed a crapload of them off,then went to places like wal-mart and home depot and put one on every Ford vehicle I could fine (since I'm a Ford tech). Got a guy dropping his Town Car off probably today or tomorrow.... should make about $300 off of it. Along with the unemployment I'm also recieving ($277/week), you can still make out alright.... enough to pay the bills at least

Really sucks you lost your truck too though. If you've just got a nail in your bike tire... plug it! I don't recommend plugs for long term use, but they work perfectly fine if you just need to get around for a lil bit. I've got a plug in my rear tire right now.... got a nail in it the day after I got back from my roadtrip on the 8th. Or just get a track take off.... I use them all the time and you can get them dirt cheap. I got a like new pilot power for $25 one time Look around on the local forums

Good luck! What kind of work did you do anyways??

Chris,

I'm very sorry to hear that. I know that you're not the only one right now feeling that way. If you have to sell the bikes, sell the bikes. if you don't 'need' them, then **** em. You'll find something man. If you need anything man, i'll do what i can to help. I'm sure all of us will.

I'll start of list of things you can do in the meantime:

Play more gigs, topless (tip jar fills up quicker)
Prostitute yourself.

I'm sure i'll think of more later.

Chin up bro, sooner or later, the universe will unfold like it should.

~your arch nemesis~

Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn Voodoo ... just damn [:@] Let me know if I can help.

Retired Admin, January 2008 ROTM, Lord of Neon & L.E.D.s

Sorry to hear that my friend. I hope something big comes up for you. You know what they say.....one door closes, another opens. Now something bigger and better will open up.
LJ

Old 01-05-2009, 12:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hear dude, seems like losing your job is becoming the norm for people. keep your head up, things seem to have a way of working themselves out...

Quick Reply: Wow...just lost my job.