Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

WoW i hate cold weather! How cold have you ridden?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 10:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: WoW i hate cold weather! How cold have you ridden?

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

I have been given a Dodge 2500 Big Horn for the last two yearsfor my sales job that I can use 24/7(picture taken last winter):

...however, my company got bought out by a new one and I may have to ride my bike full time now. If so...(see picture) I am F_CKED and will have to ride in potentially cold situations. So far, I have ridden in about fifty to sixty degree weather...ohhhh ****!
UGH! SNOW!God i need to get out of illinois...

Old 11-07-2007, 11:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: catamayo85

I have been given a Dodge 2500 Big Horn for the last two yearsfor my sales job that I can use 24/7(picture taken last winter):

...however, my company got bought out by a new one and I may have to ride my bike full time now. If so...(see picture) I am F_CKED and will have to ride in potentially cold situations. So far, I have ridden in about fifty to sixty degree weather...ohhhh ****!
UGH! SNOW!God i need to get out of illinois...
UGH! SNOW! I need to get out of Massachusetts!

Old 11-07-2007, 11:12 PM

ORIGINAL: thirdgenlxi

Well come tomorrow it'll be about 31 or so degrees for my lowest. It was 31 here last night, 34 when I left for work this morning. But I whimped out and drove the cage today, hahah. But tomorrow I'm gonna put on the thermals and leathers and have at it... we'll see how it goes!
You're not in the Sunshine State anymore!

Winter blows.[sm=boosign.gif]

Old 11-07-2007, 11:27 PM

as long as its above freezing, i'll ride....(but not like EVERYWHERE)

35 F is my.....point of consideration! haha but soon, sadly, she'll be in the garage for winter....and back to expensive gas purchases.... uuuugggghh.

Old 11-07-2007, 11:28 PM

Damn Voodoo, that's a hell of a truck! Cummins' correct? That's the ONLY thing that I like about Winter/snow. The 4wheelin'. My Jeep will get me through just about anything, but damn, would I love to have a Cummins. Anywho, I think that I've posted this last year, but I've rode in 20 degree weather. I'm pretty sure that it was 23 to be exact but it was worth it. I got on to check the weather just a lil bit ago and you folks in Arizona and down by the Keys are seeing some good weather now, 70+ degree days/nights<LUUUCKY! I live in Ohio, want to trade places?!

Old 11-08-2007, 12:31 AM

I"ve been out on a 25 degree day/night and it was cold but I wasn't really. I wore my UnderArmour shirt and pants (FREE PLUG), jeans, fleece, 1 pair of socks,Sidi Vertabres, A-Star TZ-1, Foggy inside my Arai and my GP Techs but my hands did get numb after about 45 mins. I'm good for a while wit what I wear but my hands just don't take da cold very well. I need a good cold weather glove that will still give great feel for my controls and protection for my hands for dat just in case factor.

Old 11-08-2007, 02:25 AM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: Wildcat

ORIGINAL: catamayo85

I have been given a Dodge 2500 Big Horn for the last two years for my sales job that I can use 24/7 (picture taken last winter):

UGH! SNOW! God i need to get out of illinois...
UGH! SNOW! I need to get out of Massachusetts!
UGH! SNOW! I need to get out of............wait............New Mexico? Nevermind

Old 11-08-2007, 02:27 AM
Retired Moderator

........oh, and it does get cold down here though. Usually during the nights.

Last winter, I remember riding in the mid-twenties. NOT a fun ride, but doable. With enough layers, a warm bike and a full tuck, you'll be fine.

Old 11-08-2007, 03:35 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

......wow, just checked the weather here in MD.......its a steaming, blistering, sweaty..........27deg. outside!!!!!!! my g/f's car is in the shop, my bike is in the shop (speedo sensor), so being the kind b/f i am, i let her borrow my truck while i borrow her bike. sure.....you may think that "trade off" sounds sweet on a nice day, but this morning fella's....its 27deg. and that "trade off" kinda sucks, hhahaha. i only have at most a 10min ride to work. how long does it take to turn to ice in 27deg. weather?!?!

*sigh* so as i head out the door, i ask you to pray for me........pray for me to stay warm!!!! i shall post back up when in get there, if not........assume the worst (froze to death) and send the search party!

[:@]good lord 27deg. is gonna freeze my rocks off!!!!!!

Old 11-08-2007, 03:44 AM

ORIGINAL: sixhundredrr

ORIGINAL: white99gt

ORIGINAL: thirdgenlxi

Well come tomorrow it'll be about 31 or so degrees for my lowest. It was 31 here last night, 34 when I left for work this morning. But I whimped out and drove the cage today, hahah. But tomorrow I'm gonna put on the thermals and leathers and have at it... we'll see how it goes!
Gonna be in the low 30's high 20's tomorrow .Guess ill decide in the morning what ill drive..Today was the first time ive driven my cage in two months..
[:-]

I despise my cage. Filthy, stinky pile of crap makes me angry whenever I open the door. **** on you, cage.
+1

The bike gets all the attention, it is my baby. The pile of crap, the cage sits in the driveway neglected. I have not driven the cage in over three months. Sadly I will have to start driving it because we just got snow the other night.

28 degrees was the coldest I drove in.

Quick Reply: WoW i hate cold weather! How cold have you ridden?