Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Wow i feel like s**t

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 11:37 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wow i feel like s**t

So as posted in a different thread i got a new job yesterday, basiclly the one i really wanted. I didnt know if it was going to happen or not, i thought not. So last week i took a different job as a tech again. Real nice people, a good shop, and good money. So i got my new job yesterday so i had to go in and give a 2 week notice today, and get my paycheck. I hated to quit as i just started, but this other opportunity may not come again for a long time. So i get my check and give my notice (it was brutal to do). So i leave then and get out to my truck, open my pay envelope and what do i find, a stickie note and 2 $100 bills saying happy birthday. I feel like such an *** at the moment, it makes me kind of sad.

Old 11-14-2008, 11:39 AM
Default RE: Wow i feel like s**t

Ouch! You better bring a lot of donuts monday!

Old 11-14-2008, 11:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im in the same boat kind of, but not with jobs, with women (met one before the other, i like the other more than the first one, now it'll appear as im leading on the first, blah blah blah)...and of course im gonna come out looking like the asshat [&:]but you gotta do whats best for you in the long run TKC

Old 11-14-2008, 11:43 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Yea thats what i keep telling myself. I dont know that i even want to go back now, i feel like such a heel for some reason. Maybe i will just leave my tools there and never go back lol.

North i think i will just bring everyone their own cake on Monday.

Old 11-14-2008, 11:47 AM

yes it does feel bad to let the people you work with and grew close to down...but if they were you, they would take the better job in a heart beat. Business is business you know? Im sure they will understand.

Old 11-14-2008, 12:13 PM

You know, since this just happened, you could always call and say something to the effect that you dont feel right having the gift and that you would like to return it. No one is going to want to haveyou return the chingand you will look/feel good and honest. Thats where I would go with it if I was really getting torn up.

Old 11-14-2008, 12:23 PM

Oh man, that is killer. If you are close to the guys there, explain what happened and theyll understand.

Old 11-14-2008, 12:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if it will make you feel better, i'll take the 2 bills from you.. that might help your conscience a little bit??

Old 11-14-2008, 12:51 PM

Gotta do what you gotta do man. when you get a chance to better yourself you cant pass it up. good luck with the new job!

Old 11-14-2008, 12:55 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: Northernfirepower

You know, since this just happened, you could always call and say something to the effect that you dont feel right having the gift and that you would like to return it. No one is going to want to have you return the ching and you will look/feel good and honest. Thats where I would go with it if I was really getting torn up.
This is a great idea...and you can't leave your tools!!! How many thousands of dollars is that worth? Anyway, you always have to do what is best for you. It is nobody's fault that a perfect job came your way. Now you can go be a huge ***** of a manger and boss people around.

Quick Reply: Wow i feel like s**t