Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Would you buy one?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 12:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Would you buy one?

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

Yeah, well you can eat me!
Damn, you had me till that point, but here it is anyway.

Honda was a bike company that expanded into cars, and have sold 10's of millions of bikes. Even *if* Toyota could come up with a design they would never have a new 600RR for any price, let alone 5K.

Just cuz they can make damn good cars doesn't mean jack when it comes to bikes.

BTW, your attitude blows.

Old 01-13-2007, 12:30 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ducati has been in financial trouble, maybe Toyota would look to buy them.

Old 01-13-2007, 12:57 AM

ORIGINAL: 95camaro01f4i

i wouldnt touch a toyota bike is you sold it to me for a dollar. And equating there car quality to there bikes is stupid. i mean look at suzuki bikes and cars? and if you havent notice all toyotas quality issues and recalls on the news hmm yah ill pass.
Want to talk about recalls, lets talk about American companies like GM. Last year thousands of intake manifolds, throttle bodies and heat sensors were recalled on their vehicles. In 2005 over 1 million pickups and SUV were recalled due to faulty antilock breaks. Now they are having issues with frying up control panels and fuse panels. Now fdont get me wrong, the new Silverado is an IMPRESSIVE truck, but everyone is going to have issues.

Anyways..... could it be a possiblity, yes, in the near future, probably not, however, you never know. Look at how long it has been Fords, Chevy's, Pontiacs, and Dodge in NASCAR, and know Toyota is getting into the mix. I think that anythin gcould happen and I think it would be prety interesting to see. I dont know, it would take a lot to convert me from a Honda, but, I think it would be pretty neat to see!

Interesting topic ....

Old 01-13-2007, 12:14 PM

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw
I's just askin' a question man...
You blew my birthday candles out
I hear ya bro - just giving you a hard time. And from the looks of it, I started a trend

PS. Happy belated birthday... or not!

Old 01-13-2007, 03:41 PM
Banned

Haha, no worriesman, I'm prolly the most relaxed dude on this forum.

I was just tryin' to make some conversation - relax. My attitude definitely does not blow, lol. I think you need to lighten up!

Anyway, it would be interesting to see. What sparked my whole thought process was thinking about Toyota in Nascar...

Oh and I was only saying saturating the market with more bikes could drop the OVERALL cost of bikes, not a dirt cheap bike from any one specific manufacturer... see where I'm goin' with this?

Also, I don't think anyone can fault a new manufacturer for design and mechanical flaws... it still happens from companies who have been in the game since the start. And some of it is very basic, also some of it has to do with the attempts at integrating the digital world into what used to be crude,internal-combustionengines.

Bah, what do I know (I know my attitude doesn't blow!). I'd be interested in testing one out...

You never know - could take the sportbike industry by storm!

EDIT: By the way, what kind of warranties do you get with a new Honda? Any new owners here care to share? Whats the best warranty you can buy for your bike when you are getting one from Honda?

Old 01-13-2007, 03:45 PM

The Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki and Kawasaki, are all into much more than cars and motorcycles. They also build outboards, snowmobiles (at least some usedto)lawn care eguipment, generators etc. Probably even more than that. I am not sure what Toyota all builds but cars and trucks and they do a very good job of that! I am a dyed in the wool Honda guy and Honda created that,I would need a very good reason to change.

Old 01-13-2007, 06:48 PM

If it were anywheres near the quality of their cars, I would trade my F4i in a heartbeat.

Old 01-13-2007, 07:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So who would've thought that Suzuki would have started making motor vehicles in the first place. Their roots is in fabric looms. Yes children, they made sewing machines and stuff BEFORE they made bikes. I think ANY reputable manufacturer would get into the M/C market and do well. It's an expanding market.

Old 01-13-2007, 11:14 PM
Retired Moderator

Good points,Jay. Yamaha makes pianos, Honda makes lawnmowers, Toyota makes forklifts, and so on. Diversity is the key to a succesful company, and if you are as powerful as a company like Toyota, you should have the engineers and r&d capabilities to do anything you want. Hell, I think it was already mentioned that Toyota is entering Nascar. As far as 'Zuki goes, I do hate the commercials where the guy and girl trade and say,"Think you can handle this?" As if their cars are as much fun as their motorcycles...BULL**** TIMES INFINITY!

Old 01-14-2007, 12:49 AM

^
+1 bull**** to infinity +1