Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Would you buy one?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 03:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Would you buy one?

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts oh what a Christmas it would be." Or something like that. You've gotta love posts/topics like these... kinda like "What wouldyou do ifyou won the lottery?"
Bottom lines are these: 1) Toyota DOESN'T make a bikeso until they do, who cares? 2)Just because Honda/Zuki/Yami/Kawi make bikes doesn't mean thatany Jap car company can make a bike too. It'd be like asking GM, Ford orDodge to make a bike - not enough $$ in it for them. Why do something so risky when you've got a good % of the car market?

Not trying to flame anyone - just my $0.02

Old 01-12-2007, 05:25 PM
Banned

Yeah, well you can eat me!

It's not just some random thought, bro. Toyota is an extremely reputable vehicle manufacturer and certainly has the capability to produce another option in the sportbike industry - in light of that I was curious as to what other riders thought.

If the concept behind a forum or message board is too much for you to grasp - take off. I didn't know I had to ask you a mechanical question to validate my bandwith usage.

If it's tech advice I need, I have Google. When I want an opinion, I ask people.

Old 01-12-2007, 06:08 PM

Whoa, someone'spainties are in a bunch [:-] Relax KID, only bustin' ur chops.But the concept of a forum is for everyone to give their opinion - whether you like them or not. You asked a question (you have that right) and I responded (I also have that right). So what's your deal?

So if the concept behindSARCASM is too much for you to grasp - maybe you oughtta take off - ya hoser!

Old 01-12-2007, 06:20 PM
Banned

I's just askin' a question man...

You blew my birthday candles out

Old 01-12-2007, 09:01 PM

I don't know. Honda made Motorcycles long before they made cars.
Toyota has never made a Bike... I guess it is not in their culture to do so.
They may have the technical expertise, But will they have the "Fire in the soul" to make a ***** toi the wall, no holds barred, sportbike? (With their current car lineup as any indication they would probably end up with a Toyota Vespa, and a Lexus Gold Wing Trike...and not much else)

Old 01-12-2007, 09:22 PM

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw]
But could you imagine a sweet sportbike with a 50K mile warranty?!? Haha, it could be sweet.
What kind of warranty do you get from Honda on a new bike? My dad bought a new harley last year has a 7 year unlimited mile warranty....and he put 23k miles on it in one year....damn good warranty, but I didnt want a damn Harley....

Back to Original question.......I wouldnt buy onethe first few years....but as reliable as toyotas are I would buy one down the road....if they did decide to make them....But I dont really see them making a bike....

Old 01-12-2007, 09:53 PM

i wouldnt touch a toyota bike is you sold it to me for a dollar. And equating there car quality to there bikes is stupid. i mean look at suzuki bikes and cars? and if you havent notice all toyotas quality issues and recalls on the news hmm yah ill pass.

Old 01-12-2007, 10:37 PM
Banned

There isn't supposed to be any serious logic here, just pondering. Being stupid certainly wasn't my intention...

I am sorry, lol.

Old 01-12-2007, 11:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I might consider an Toyota if it were to happen.
Quality issues can happen to anyone some cases worse than others.
In fact, today a buddy at work said his '06 YZF has arecallfor air filter screws.
They can come loose and jam the throttle wide open.

Look at Honda's history, they started out withmotorized bikes, andlook now they are building jets.
http://hondajet.honda.com/
If Toyotaisracing in NASCAR I think they could pull of building a decent bike.

As far as in concerned, my Honda Jet is parked in my garage.

Old 01-12-2007, 11:30 PM
Retired Moderator

I would love to see what Toyota could do woth a motorcycle. Groing up, until just last year, when my work bought me a truck, I haven't owned anything but Toyota vehicles. I agree with Whitey, that Honda has a passion for motorcycles starting with their founder Soichiro Honda. There was the best history of motorcycles on "Modern Marvels" on the history channel, and they showed a pictre of Mr. Honda standing on the seat of one his motorcycles (doing and Indian Larry). What kind of founder are you going to see pulling a stunt like that? They have soul in spades, but I think Toyota would make a good if not great product after a few years.