Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Wot a B****

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 02:20 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wot a B****

If my mechanic did some cosmetic damage and didn't say anything, I would be bummed because I trust the guy with things that are out of my level of expertise. If he is willing to lie about damage he did (I consider omission the same as lying), what does that say about the work being done? Anyway, if heis really a good wrench, I would give him another chance. First, he wouldn't have the ***** to do something like that again (would he?), and second, you can use the incident for discounts on every consecutive visit. If that doesn't cut it, like Bushy said, knock his *** out!

Old 01-21-2007, 02:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Wot a B****

I've thought about it since, and I may have got in before he had a chance to say anything, but to honest he would be the 1st place that I've ever used in over 30 years that would admit to anything. I even had the old "It was like that when you brought it in" dumped on me before and I'd purchased 9 bikes from that one shop, 1st name basis with the owner.
My previous experience was with a "Genuine Honda dealer" and after they serviced my bike they let some numb nut, high pressure clean my bike, when I got home I noticed that half the decal on the left side (yeah same place) had been blasted off. they did replace it after I complained, but wot sort of joint uses a pressure hose to clean bikes anyway. He was also a "Harley" dealer, so that may have had something to do with it.
It just pays to go over your bike before it leaves the shop, and I guess be prepared to stand up for yourself.