Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Wot a B****

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 11:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wot a B****

Guy I take my bike to does a great job, rides himself, loves bikes, good prices and you know he done the work. Put my bike in for a set sprockets, chain & new front tyre. Anyhew arrived back at the shop just as he was finishing up, bike still on the hoist. Talking to him and I look up and see a nice little chunks been gourged out of the left side cover. Ok so I'm thinkin, "That ain't something I did" So I point to it and say "Nobody would have noticed that except me". His face goes red, and he apologises and said it happened getting the bike on the lift. He knocks about a $100 of the bill, but.........ok it's only small, I'd make more of a mess trying to patch it up. So should I have chewed this guy out? (he is the best mechanic around for about a 100 clicks).

Old 01-19-2007, 11:32 PM
Default RE: Wot a B****

I would have been less upset if he would have pointed it out without being called out for it.

Old 01-19-2007, 11:35 PM
Retired Administrator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree... he was trying to hide it from you.. thinking you wouldn’t notice.

Old 01-19-2007, 11:41 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

ORIGINAL: doncollins

I agree... he was trying to hide it from you.. thinking you wouldn’t notice.
+1 [sm=bustedsign.gif].. the nerve of some people , i mean especially since you are a repeat customer. and obviously you love your bike so did he really think you wouldnt notice !

Old 01-19-2007, 11:55 PM

Yes, I agree he should have been up front about it, but as long as he pays for it, right?!?

Or, you could just knock him out, worked for me......lol....jk

Old 01-20-2007, 01:19 AM

its messed up he was gonna hide it, but atleast he admitted it, lots of people would have denied it to their grave and wouldnt have to pay for it unless you could somehow prove it. atleast he manned up to it.

Old 01-20-2007, 04:10 AM

ORIGINAL: rrasco

its messed up he was gonna hide it, but atleast he admitted it, lots of people would have denied it to their grave and wouldnt have to pay for it unless you could somehow prove it. atleast he manned up to it.
+1
In the world we live in today, no one is perfect, he is way more of a man than any. There is no way you could really prove for certain that he did it, at least he ownd up.

Old 01-20-2007, 05:39 AM

Yeah, that's a tough one. Would 100 cover plastic repair/replacement/paint? Most likely not. But will he give you a break next time you're in? Time will tell on that one. And that is where you can messure his merit.

Old 01-20-2007, 12:06 PM
Banned

You find youself a good mechanic that you can trust in todays world, and you allow him to be a human.

Point is, if you trust him and he is what you say he is... you let some sh*t slide. It's not a perfect world, including those who inhabit it.

Old 01-20-2007, 01:05 PM

Boy, that's a tough one. Sure, everyone makes mistakes. But sounds like he wasn't gonna own up until you "caught" him. That's dishonest. He did fess up in the end, so that's better than denying it. Makes me wonder what he would've said if you hadn't noticed, rode it home, then noticed it next time you were going for a ride. Would he have fessed up then?

No one knows, but it would make me wonder? Like I said, it's a tough one. Go with your gut and your past dealings with him.