Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Worst Motorcycle Ever Made?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 04:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Worst Motorcycle Ever Made?

Just thought I'd throw this out there to see what kind of opinions ya'all have. I could have titled it "Least Likely to Own" but, this leaves it broader. My first bike was a Honda Rebel and although it is the laughing stock of motorcycle enthusiasts, it served it's purpose and taught me to ride. That being said, I'd never trash a Honda.

What do you guys have to say?

Old 08-23-2006, 04:27 PM
Default RE: Worst Motorcycle Ever Made?

Hmmmm, Electraglides and Goldwings (sorry Honda!) are the worst for me. If you want A/C and a radio for cryin out loud, buy a car.

Old 08-23-2006, 04:34 PM

I wouldn't bash the goldwing. If ya like the open air of a bike, but, want the emmeneties of a car, Goldwing is the way to go. I mean, how many bikes can you get with a cupholder? Cigarette lighter? Gonna see that on a repsol? Nah ah!! I'll probably end up on a goldwing when I'm old. It'll be parked next to my 2050 CBR 1K. LOL

As to the worst bike.... hmmm......ponder on this I must

Tylor

Old 08-23-2006, 04:36 PM

Ya, I'm with ya on the goldwing, I'll be on a trike probably...LOL. I ALMOST, ALMOST bashed Honda for the Rune but I couldn't do it.

Old 08-23-2006, 05:18 PM

the goldwing is an extreemly well made ride. My MSF instructor had one and he demoed everything in the course INCLUDING THE BOX on it. it is hardly the worst bike ever made... worst looking maybe... but not worst made.

Old 08-23-2006, 05:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i thought this was going to be a harley bashing thread

Old 08-23-2006, 05:36 PM

IMO, I can't trash a Harley. I am in the process of picking up a Fat Boy. No fears, I am still keeping my CBR. Somedays I just want to cruise and some days, I really want to ride.

Old 08-23-2006, 06:48 PM

ORIGINAL: cbrjeeper

I wouldn't bash the goldwing. If ya like the open air of a bike, but, want the emmeneties of a car, Goldwing is the way to go. I mean, how many bikes can you get with a cupholder? Cigarette lighter? Gonna see that on a repsol? Nah ah!! I'll probably end up on a goldwing when I'm old. It'll be parked next to my 2050 CBR 1K. LOL
That was my point. They are too cushy. If you want cupholders, a cig lighter, and wind in your hair get a convertible. Bikes are supposed to be barebones and mechanical wonders, not fluffy clouds, IMO.

Old 08-23-2006, 06:59 PM

If this is based on personal experience, I'd have to say my first ride was my worst. A 1977 Yamaha 360. It was a kick start street bike and I spent more time pushing the damn thing than riding it. Although, I was riding my wife's Rebel last night and wound up pushing it about 2 miles. It died on me on the way home. As far as looks go, I don't much care for the looks of Ducati's.

Old 08-23-2006, 08:41 PM

i must agree with you on the LOOKS of ducati's but the mechanical side... defferent story! ducati makes one of the nicest bikes out there! they are 100% hand made! and the funny thing! its only got a V twin! and they keep up with the 4 cyclenders!... plus they sound like heaven! but the worst motorcycle ever made would have to be Ural! made in russia, i think its one of the worst quality bikes i have ever say on.. i have actually looked at a few at the motorcycle show... they look like somthing that you would buy at napa auto parts! and i know its technically not a motorcycle but i would have to say that this takes the cake!

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Articl...D=2251&Page=1#

Quick Reply: Worst Motorcycle Ever Made?