Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

worst day ever....

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 05:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default worst day ever....

yesterday i was driving my g/f to her friends house and they live in a duplex where there is a lond driveway and its one lane...when another car was coming over a hill in the same driveway and we both hitt our brakes but of course it was iced over b/c i live in OH, and we hit each other on the driver side fenders, at first i thought that the damage was minimal......but when i tried to turn the wheel to get us out of the embankment.....i realized that the control arm was completely seperated from the wheel....no not the ball join or knuckle....the metal had snapped off of the hub.......so pretty much the car is totalled and of course niether one of us has full coverage, and it was on private property....ant suggestions about n e thing that can help? and please no lectures about we should have had full coverage, b/c her driving record is too bad and my premiums are too high to afford especially goin through school, but anything productive is appriciated!!!

Old 01-30-2007, 05:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: worst day ever....

fault in this case would be 50/50...
each person pays for their own damage...i would suggest trying to fix it yourself.

Old 01-30-2007, 05:13 PM

yeah the fault is 50/50, but the car is totalled and its not like its a replacable part.....the metal snapped off........

Old 01-30-2007, 05:18 PM

can you get some pictures up??? Where exactly did it sanp at?? At the axle or the hub??? It may be salvagable, but pictures would help

Old 01-30-2007, 05:51 PM

pics can be up soon i'll have to get out there where the car is to take um....but it snapped at the hub......there is a U shape of clean metal.....looks like it was cut off by a saw....but it snapped off the hub...

Old 01-30-2007, 06:03 PM

Unless the damage was so severe that the strut tower or inner apron assembly were out of tram alignment, then I don't see how any parts that attach (upper control arm if it doesn't have strut, lower control arm, hub assembly, tie-rod end) can't be replaced. The parts I just mention are permanently fastened to the vehicle. All of those parts can be replaced. Get some pics up, that will help others help you to assess a fix. Everything can be fixed or replaced. The question becomes, will the expense of the replacement time and parts exceed the value of the vehicle, or would it be wiser to replace the vehicle with the money assumed needed for the parts mentioned above.

EDITED:
Sorry, I stated something incorrectly, hence the reason for the edit. What I meant to say was "The parts I just metioned aren't permanently fastened to the vehicle." Sorry for any confusion.

Old 01-30-2007, 06:34 PM

LOL, I was just reading that and I was like[sm=signs006.gif], but yeah, pictures will deffinately help

Old 01-30-2007, 11:54 PM

yea some pics

Old 01-31-2007, 06:21 AM

We can tell ya how to fix the space shuttle if we put our collective brain trust together...dont worry...it can be fixed..but ya should of gotten a police report cuz before ya know it ....that other guy may be coming after u to fix his ride... postt them pics so we can help ya...

Old 01-31-2007, 01:20 PM

+1 on the police report. Its always good to have to cover your ****

Quick Reply: worst day ever....