Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Worst/Best Week EVER topped off with metting Drakito!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 07:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Worst/Best Week EVER topped off with metting Drakito!

Not really sure if anyone really cares, but here is the story of the last week:

After having 3 weeks off of work in Jan I went back to work on the 26th, worked for one full week and the next monday I was cutting some steel where I stood up smacked my head on another large piece of steel instantly knocking me on my ***. Not being able to move after two hours because my neck wouldnt physically allow me to without great amounts of pain I ended up on doctor's note/workmans comp for three more weeks. Not a big deal right? The next day after I get back on Fen 26 I am fired. Bad ju-ju right? Yeah laying asphalt pays pretty well, but the hours suck and you always smell like oil. Well after letting the shock wear off for an hour I decided it was the best deal ever. I looked at what I have actually have had school/training for in computer sales/support/tech and what they were paying and the hour I would get to work my outlook decidely got much better. I dusted off the old resume, put in three apps and had two call backs within two days. Turns out I can work less hours, make more money, and enjoy life considerably more. I mean who doesnt enjoy wearing semi-dressy clothes to work everyday vs stained blue jeans and green vests.

So basically I am happy to say I am part of the IT industry once again, working on getting my MCP (microsoft certified professional), A+, andMCDS. I am pretty much happy as hell... and just when I didnt think that accepting a new offer on a salaried position, I scanned my 600 emails I get and guess who is near South Dakota? DRAKITO!!! First off thanks Dave for taking time to come over with your family. Secondly to all forum members Drakito aka Dave is an awesome guy with a great family and we had an awesome lunch.

So thats my best week ever.

Old 03-04-2008, 07:30 AM
Default RE: Worst/Best Week EVER topped off with metting Drakito!

Congrats telgren! That is some great news! nothing like rolling into a nice new job that pays more..lol

Old 03-04-2008, 08:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man thats great news!!! Glad everyting worked out for you.
This forum truly has the greatest members helping each other out.
Hopefully this means you will have more time to hang out with us onthe forum more often.
I really miss all your funny posts.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:33 AM

Good deal Telly! I've put in my resume at a new company and have been undergoing a series of interviews. I won't work less hours, but I will make 50% more.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:43 AM

Just goes to show that everything happens for a reason. Whn one door closes another opens.

I like working in an office and dressing nice every day. Good luck with the new job.

Old 03-04-2008, 10:02 AM

I like the office env, dressing up, not so much. Good thing my new job (hopefully anyways) doesn't care what you wear.

Old 03-04-2008, 11:34 AM

Congrats man, thats great. just backs up my theory, everything happens for a reason.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:21 PM
Retired Moderator

Telly, as you know, I work for an equipment rental company (for the last ten years), and I have always noticed that asphalt guys, roofers, masons, and mudslingers get their asses kicked as a general rule. It is a thankless job that takes years off of your life (due to the manual "laborness" of it...I just made that word up). I am glad you found a job that you can use your considerable mental skills instead of yourlabor skills.More moneyand less backbreaking? No wonder you have had a good week!

Old 03-06-2008, 08:42 PM

Nothing wrong with good Karma. Its cool the way somethings work out.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:45 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks Telly! If anybody is ever near Brookings, you got to hit Telgren up for his deer stew. Seriously the best stew I've had in a while! Glad your week got better too.

Quick Reply: Worst/Best Week EVER topped off with metting Drakito!