Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Worrying...

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 08:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Worrying...

Hey guys, just thought Id post this up. For some unknown reason it might help me, who knows, but here it goes.

Does anyone else worry so much that it keeps you up at night? Part of my problem is I work nights, so my schedule is fked up to start with, but I find myself thinking about the unchangeable things as im trying to get some shuteye... and of course too much brain activity = NO sleepy for me.

While were at it, what DO you guys worry about? I worry about everything i.e., My truck is a p.o.s. and I need a new one. My bike needs an oil change, new seals (fking again already?! I suck!!), new steering head bearing etc. etc. I dont have enough money (who does?) and all kinds of various little things, and 90% of the ones that keep me up I can only come to the conclusion that its beyond my touch, I cant do anything about them anyway.

So, now that Im done rambling about my nothings that haunt me at night, Im going to browse the forums and make "good" use of the time I cant sleep I guess...

l8er,
Chris

Edit* FK I cant spell either?! 1 more thing to add to the list...

Old 05-28-2007, 11:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Worrying...

yep im the same way dude. most the stuff is related to the fact that if something reallly bad happens, my parents dont have the money to back me up. i been on my own like 2 years now but if **** hit the fan dude id be ****ed. i also been stressed the **** out trying to find a place for me and my roommates to live next year, my 1 roommate is being jewish about helping me and hes been my boy for like 18 years, but im about to be like dude find your own place good luck. until recently i didnt really have any friends here in raleigh, they were all in durham, and half of them are people i just cant be around because they have little to no ambition in life, and because one of them was like my brother thru high school and the year after we got out i watched him throw his life to ****. probably alot of ppl are in the same boat. the way i see it bad **** is always gonna happen, and how you handle it is what makes ppl who succeed vs. people who play the victim.

Old 05-28-2007, 02:32 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

I get that once in a while also, i just cant turn off my brain. I usually grab a book or a mag and try to focus on that, after a while i usually forget what the hell i was thinking about and crash. I feel ya's though, just try to remember there aint a hell of a lot you can fix at 4am so you might as well try and get some sleep, deal when ya wake up.

Old 05-28-2007, 02:40 PM

thats everyone man, i spent a few years studying to become a psychiatrist and man that helped out alot, just rememeber theres tons of money out there if you look for it in all the right spots man.....i'm going down to reenlist with the army reserves or navy reserves(pending)this week and dude their gonna cut 15k or 20k to me over next 2 days sooooo....join the military man, it sucks but at the same time its a blast....they're offering me a tour in jersey(near new york city)in august for a year and gonna make a around 54k hopefully as a SSG by then. and im only 25 dude.

Old 05-28-2007, 03:18 PM

yeah I used to keep my self up for hours worrying over what now is trivial.... I had a real bad yr and was letting it get to me had 2 different roommates screw me and my wife over financially, had some retard hit my bike while it was parked. then after I got it back some turd caused me to go down.(he spent some time in jail for it and his insurance covered the damage) lost my 06 eclipse due to financial problems due to all of this. and only have my bike for now but I'm done letting what is now trivial crap get to me..
Good luck and try to enjoy life and be glad you have good people in your life........I am... would have never have gotten where I am without good friends and a great wife.

Old 05-28-2007, 03:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ManI hear ya on the money issue I'm a college student. But like Audi says, thats everyone. Sounds gay but what I always do when i get worried is I ask myself 2 questions. Whats the worst that could happen? ( and its usually something really stupid and small ) . Second, is How can I avoid or fix it? But usually after u answer the first question, u realize its not a big deal ya know.

Old 05-28-2007, 04:56 PM

Yeah, I used to be like that when i had alot of free time. Now I pretty much break myself and I'm making bank pretty well, with some overage =). I used to worry alot about friends, family, and all that BS. Now I just dont care, period. Whatever happens happens, fly by the seat of ur pants kinda thing. Im kinda cold hearted tho, it helps, like people that i'm aquainted with and are "friends" just because i work with them or ive met them. They always ask me why i say im a heartless bastard and i say, because if i didnt see you ever again, i probably wouldnt give a crap, cuz it doesnt matter anyways, life is life, and im doin my thing. There's only one person in my book that I would die for, and hes my brutha(not by blood), other than that, no worries. If you stop caring, you stop worring, and life is going pretty good for me. My motto, "Freaking stop worrying about the problem, look for that one solution. If you cant find it, your skrewed anyways, so get away with whatever you can in life."

Old 05-28-2007, 05:59 PM

I usually grab a notepad and pen, list everything that needs to be done and then figure out what the best priority is.
After you see its only 5-6 problems (that seem to snowball on top of each other) its really not as bad as you think it is.

Old 05-28-2007, 06:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: AK47

I usually grab a notepad and pen, list everything that needs to be done and then figure out what the best priority is.
After you see its only 5-6 problems (that seem to snowball on top of each other) its really not as bad as you think it is.
Nicely put

Old 05-28-2007, 06:44 PM

ORIGINAL: Mstngdrew232

Yeah, I used to be like that when i had alot of free time. Now I pretty much break myself and I'm making bank pretty well, with some overage =). I used to worry alot about friends, family, and all that BS. Now I just dont care, period. Whatever happens happens, fly by the seat of ur pants kinda thing. Im kinda cold hearted tho, it helps, like people that i'm aquainted with and are "friends" just because i work with them or ive met them. They always ask me why i say im a heartless bastard and i say, because if i didnt see you ever again, i probably wouldnt give a crap, cuz it doesnt matter anyways, life is life, and im doin my thing. There's only one person in my book that I would die for, and hes my brutha(not by blood), other than that, no worries. If you stop caring, you stop worring, and life is going pretty good for me. My motto, "Freaking stop worrying about the problem, look for that one solution. If you cant find it, your skrewed anyways, so get away with whatever you can in life."
+1...too many problems in life to sweat the small things....