Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Is this the world's scariest job????

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 03:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this the world's scariest job????

These fella's must be as mad as a box of frogs to do this for a living!!!!

The first bit of the vid is just an intro, so stick with it and watch it all the way through! ...

There is NO AMOUNT OF MONEY that would make me do this!!!!!

Have a look for yourselves! :S

( Notice that they dont use safety harnesses, slipwires or anything .... this is free climbing at it's most extreme!!!!!! )

http://www.todaysbigthing.com/2010/09/15

I'm goin fer a lye down after that! :O

Old 09-20-2010, 04:08 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

i had a hard time just watching that!

Old 09-20-2010, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

i'd be wearing a parachute.

Old 09-20-2010, 04:31 PM

"this is the pole that the antenna is mounted on top of. It's just there for-extra hight." haha **** that sh*t

Old 09-20-2010, 04:44 PM

If ya look right at the end, when he gets to the top ... he stands up and lets go with BOTH HANDS to attach the safety line! OMG!!!!!

Old 09-20-2010, 05:03 PM
Talking all in a days work

hell yah brothers, now yer talkin, my highest elevation was 2018 feet, these towers are great fun, altho i hate the climb down.. climbing up is eazy. i love it when the cranes are still in place as we get a ride up.. it can be 105 deg on the ground and at the top a cool 78 deg. love hangin that iron....we have thrown the huge styro foam gliders off the top, never to be seen again, dropped a watermelon from the top(wont do that again) made a sticky mess over the whole jobsite... we have had more fun on the tower jobs than im allowed to say.....however i can say i like my current position with the company.. project manager.office with a desk and normal days..

Attached Thumbnails Is this the world's scariest job????-dscf0257.jpg   Is this the world's scariest job????-dscf0300.jpg   Is this the world's scariest job????-dscf0328.jpg   Is this the world's scariest job????-dscf0266.jpg   Is this the world's scariest job????-dscf0284.jpg  

Last edited by bambam; 09-20-2010 at 06:01 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by bambam
hell yah brothers, now yer talkin, my highest elevation was 2018 feet, these towers are great fun, altho i hate the climb down.. climbing up is eazy. i love it when the cranes are still in place as we get a ride up.. it can be 105 deg on the ground and at the top a cool 78 deg. love hangin that iron....we have thrown the huge styro foam gliders off the top, never to be seen again, dropped a watermelon from the top(wonjt do that again) made a sticky mess over the whole jobsite... we have had more fun on the tower jobs than im allowed to say.....

You sir, are one bad *** **! ... You have my deepest respect! .... But I still think yer as mad as a box of frogs!!!

Old 09-20-2010, 05:25 PM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't see how he can climb with ***** that big.

I got the ******* just watching it....

Old 09-20-2010, 05:40 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'd be wearing a parachute.
That's what I was thinking. Then you could just jump off that beatch to get down.
I suppose it's just too much extra weight/too bulky to carry? You would have to be in good shape to climb that high without any gear at all.

But yeah.... that's seriously high. Holy crap. I've climbed some crazy chit before (smaller radio towers/enclosed flares, etc) and this vid just made me feel like a sissy. LOL..

If ya look right at the end, when he gets to the top ... he stands up and lets go with BOTH HANDS to attach the safety line! OMG!!!!!
Yeah, and it amazes me that there's no wind?? Some of those towers will sway like crazy when the wind kicks up. I guess they're really particular about when they climb? They'd have to be.

Old 09-20-2010, 05:50 PM

I don't see how he can climb with ***** that big.

I got the ******* just watching it....

That is F n crazy!

Quick Reply: Is this the world's scariest job????