Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

World Series tickets and scalpers...

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 04:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default World Series tickets and scalpers...

I wasted Monday and Tuesday trying to buy tickets for game 4 of the World Series.The way this system of buying tickets was set up isbunk. All off the internet. Yeah, it is great: buy tickets from home and print them out. BUT.... How about not getting tickets because the system is a piece of crap? More to the point, people from all over (Canada, Mexico, Japan, ect) are buying tickets to these games and selling them for a ridiculous amount of money. I saw a pair of 250.00 tickets on sale (from Canada) for 7,800.00... Really not cool at all. That is what really pissed me off. A true fan cant get tickets to these games, yet some unethical and greedy person manages to get their slimy hands on some tickets and sells them for more then 30 times what the tickets were worth. Does this seem right to everyone or am I just upset I could not get tickets to take my family?

Old 10-23-2007, 04:16 PM
Default RE: World Series tickets and scalpers...

try living in Boston....thats what its like year round.........i spent 6 hours in a virtual waiting room online in january 4 months b4 the season started just to come away with 1 seat to 4 different games. mind you really ****ty seats besides.

Old 10-23-2007, 04:51 PM

i also got screwed out of the tickets. ON both days, i was ready and waiting 15 min. before the sales began, low and behold, i didnt get ANY! F*CK that online sales only bullsh!t.....im so pissed right now. how can the person who made that decision call that "FAIR"?? in fact, pissed off is not a strong enough word.

Old 10-23-2007, 05:28 PM

I say when they sell them they inprint your name on them and you have to have your id with you when you go in, sounds logical to me.

Old 10-23-2007, 05:38 PM

ORIGINAL: SchiraF4I

I say when they sell them they inprint your name on them and you have to have your id with you when you go in, sounds logical to me.
Yeah, that's what they do at Ohio State football games, and a lot of other places too.

Old 10-23-2007, 07:10 PM
Retired Moderator

Don't you hate it when you see like the Superbowl, World Series, or NBA finals and there are a buch of punk bastard kidsthat are there with their parents. Thanks for wasting all those tickets you a$$holes. Maybe a real fan could have used those seats, not some little twerp who just wants to eat candy, doesn't care about the game,and will probablypee its pants...WASTE!!! [:@]

Old 10-23-2007, 07:58 PM

Did ya see what the first PS3 went for....2800 i think...in this day and age its a buyers market...bottom line...end of story..besides youll save more money for parts by watching at home anyways...

Old 10-23-2007, 09:57 PM

I thought I'd drop $300 - $400 for some crappy seat at Fenway. Yeah right! Cheapest seats are going for close to $900. Oh, you want a decent seat?!...expect to pay at least $2,500 and up....way up.

Dopey me. [&:]

Old 10-24-2007, 06:52 PM

The way I am looking at it now - Buy a new 40'-50' HDTV and watch the game at home. I will not have to worry about driving home or paying $7 foreach beer. It might cost a little more for the new TV but I can enjoy it for a long time.

Old 10-24-2007, 07:07 PM
TEN

True dat man....Got the tv...got the Kegerator here at the house. No crowds or screamin kids....no traffic....no problem.

best seat in the house right here.

...then again, a seat at fenway would be pretty damn sweet.

Quick Reply: World Series tickets and scalpers...