Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Workin on selling my bike

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 11:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Workin on selling my bike

Well, I got a guy a couple years younger than me trying to buy my Ninja 250. He's trying so hard so I'm working with him. He has ridden dirt bikes but this will be his first street bike so I understand he's excited just like how I was.

The main thing is making sure he switches titles. You have to have the bike insurared before you can and you only have 20 days to register the bike after date of sale.

I gave him the info on the bike so he can call to get a quote. He seems trust worthy. I've always payed and was just handed the title over and trusted to switch the title over. I'm one of the few that still believe in trust so I'm sure he'll do the right thing. I told him I'd hold the money and title/paper work until he can get insurance, then I'll sign the title so that'll give him plenty of time. We both know where each other live and he knows I dont ride it, plus the tags are out so I dont take risk with the po po.

Its him and his girlfriend live together and go to school. They locked their selves out of her car last night and I hauled them around. LOL They're nice so I'm sure everything will go ok.

Old 12-28-2007, 12:16 PM
Default RE: Workin on saling my bike

I would think sailing a bike would be tough, I'd just get it moving by using the engine instead of wind power[:-]

Old 12-28-2007, 12:21 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

haha i was thinking the same thing^

Old 12-28-2007, 12:27 PM

I dont see sail

Old 12-28-2007, 12:30 PM

^ i dont see selling either

Old 12-28-2007, 12:32 PM

Where are you sailing it to? Europe or somethin? J/K

Are you realy responsible after you sign that title? I have never worried about stuff like that, I just make sure that I get my cash and could care less about what happens after whatever I sold is out of my sight. Legally, you should have a reciept to clear your name of anything bad...make sure it's dated!

Old 12-28-2007, 12:41 PM

ORIGINAL: Northernfirepower

Where are you sailing it to? Europe or somethin? J/K

Are you realy responsible after you sign that title? I have never worried about stuff like that, I just make sure that I get my cash and could care less about what happens after whatever I sold is out of my sight. Legally, you should have a reciept to clear your name of anything bad...make sure it's dated!

They have to go transfer the title over. They have 20 working days and the bike has to be insured before he can switch the title to his name. He a legit kid. I told him I'll hold his money in my safe and keep all the paper work till he knows for sure when he can get insurance, then I'll sign everything cause once I put a date on the paper work he has only 20 days.

Now I can fill out a form that says I SELLED it so Texas will know, but I think it only does so much good.

Old 12-28-2007, 12:43 PM

wouldn't the correct word be sold ?

Old 12-28-2007, 12:43 PM

I printed out 2 "bills of sale" so we can both have a copy. I'll also take pics of all the paper work and of him taking it or me riding it to his place.

Ya, if the buyer doesnt put teh title in his/her name its still under yours. So any tickets/trouble they get its still on you.

Old 12-28-2007, 12:44 PM

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

wouldn't the correct word be sold ?

I dont have the money yet so........no

Quick Reply: Workin on selling my bike