CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   wisconsin rider wants to run the dragon!! (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/wisconsin-rider-wants-run-dragon-49932/)

thirdgenlxi 09-19-2007 10:07 PM

RE: wisconsin rider wants to run the dragon!!

ORIGINAL: snowboarding82

omg 10 hours? That's a LONG trip. Hey Jared how about the last weekend in October I can get off work them I'm sure I'll leave Friday morning at like 3am to aviod horrible Chicago traffic and get there around 3pmish find myself some lodging and do a little tail riding if I have any energy left in me. Dang I wish I had leathers though. That's what I want for Christmas.

Mike

Well I don't want to promise anything just yet, cuz the exact date of this move is still kinda up in the air as of now. But I'll try and be up there by the last weekened of Oct. I'll just have to kinda play it by ear, but I'll let ya know for sure :D

snowboarding82 09-25-2007 02:30 PM

Does anyone have anything mapped out as where they like to go for the Dragon? Is there like a really big all day loop that I can make or something? It's my first time there and I want to get the most out of my 2.5 days that I have there. I want to hit the Dragon, Cherohala Skyway, and Blue Ridge Parkway I think. I just don't think 2 days is enough maybe I should try to get off more time from work. ..................

I just realized that 2.5 days is NOT enough time down there so I just took off work Wednesday to go down there instead of Thursday so now I haev 3.5 days!!!!!!! I'm so freakin excited! Now I just have to plan out a route around there to cover as much pavement as possible. Any help is super appreciated!!!!!!

Mike

CBRFREEK 09-29-2007 11:57 AM

If you havent arranged lodging...id do so before u venture down there...i stayed down the mountain in Robbinsville at the Phillips Motel and there is a Microtel too....id recommend taking the Skyway out of Robbinsville..and make sure u visit Wheelers Performance....i had a blast i hope u do the same but if ya plan it....you gotta go....its a must..once you get out of Illinois and Indiana...and start into Kentucky...its awesome...post them pics...and have a safe trip...

bindelsf2 09-29-2007 12:08 PM

i'll go mike...not[sm=noooo.gif]! but good luck i will let you know about the van too!!!

CBRFREEK 09-29-2007 12:31 PM

Heya Bindel say hello to all those guys in Street Sins ..shame i only got one ride in with that group i relocated to Cali so i wont be joining ya'll anytime again soon.But there was that one chap on the red Ninja i think who said he worked for someone who cant get me a discount on a FE.....can remember his name......enjoy winter....LOL...i havent seen rain in the time ive been here and everyone in Cali drives like 80 on the freeway...best thing about that carpool lane..

bindelsf2 09-29-2007 01:41 PM

haha threadjack biotch!

good to hear from you! his name was cartman (jeff) glad to hear your doing good!! must be nice do i see a road trip to cali in the future!:D