CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   wisconsin rider wants to run the dragon!! (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/wisconsin-rider-wants-run-dragon-49932/)

snowboarding82 09-18-2007 08:21 PM

wisconsin rider wants to run the dragon!!

Anyone who will be passing by Wisconsinish area running the tail of the dragon in October? F work I'm just going to take off one weekend and go!!!! I promised myself I would "next season" last year and now it is almost the end of the "next season" and I have never been there. I'm going to just throw 3-4 days worth of clothes in a backpack and ride my butt down there but I'd like to go with atleast 1 other. Anyone running it?

Mike

thirdgenlxi 09-18-2007 08:33 PM

RE: wisconsin rider wants to run the dragon!!

If it's towards the end of October or early Nov I could meet you there... I'm moving up there end of next month:D

Redd 09-18-2007 09:35 PM

wish I could join you. I was supposed to go in August, but a hospital stay for me and work got into the way.

Post up about it when you get back!

nathan 09-18-2007 09:41 PM

if ya ever find yourself in iowa, idk just passing through maybe on the way to sturgis or the west coast hit me up, id love to take some time off and go for a long ride

PlayfulGod 09-18-2007 09:44 PM

ORIGINAL: thirdgenlxi

If it's towards the end of October or early Nov I could meet you there... I'm moving up there end of next month:D
Your moving to the dragon????
I may be able to meet ya up there too depending on when. First weekend in Noc. I'll be in CT.

thirdgenlxi 09-18-2007 09:46 PM

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

I may be able to meet ya up there too depending on when. First weekend in Noc. I'll be in CT.

I'm moving to N. GA.... exactly 160 miles from the Dragon :D

PlayfulGod 09-18-2007 09:47 PM

oh kewl where abouts?? I'm in Dalton, GA. We'll have to get together n ride.

thirdgenlxi 09-18-2007 10:35 PM

oh kewl where abouts?? I'm in Dalton, GA. We'll have to get together n ride.

I'll be living in Athens... working in Winder. Not all too far away :D We'll most definitely have to meet up and ride

CBRFREEK 09-19-2007 08:12 AM

I rode it in May from Illinois and it took a like 10 hrs to get there.Once you start heading south its a nice ride but be prepared to stop alot for fuel...the roads are nice but you dont realize how fast a tank of gas goes when you can go 90-95 steady but enjoy the ride its well worth the trip and accomplishment youll never regret.I rode by myself and it was kinda nice in that i set my own pace and stopped when i wanted too.Id take a moment to make sure your tires are in good shape and that bike is in good working order...its well worth the trip and if i wasnt moving to Cali today....id join ya..its an awesome time.....

snowboarding82 09-19-2007 06:17 PM

omg 10 hours? That's a LONG trip. Hey Jared how about the last weekend in October I can get off work them I'm sure I'll leave Friday morning at like 3am to aviod horrible Chicago traffic and get there around 3pmish find myself some lodging and do a little tail riding if I have any energy left in me. Dang I wish I had leathers though. That's what I want for Christmas.

Mike