Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

This winter bites - random post

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 01:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This winter bites - random post

Man this winter is killing me!!!! We've had the coldest and most snow and ice and rain and ice again we've had in Wisconsin in years! I feel like it's never going to end. I think I'm going to go and get myself a 2pc suit or something to make myself feel better and maybe try on some new helmets. I really like the Arai fit better than my Shoei. Is anyone else starting to get bummed out by winter now?

Ok well I guess it's off to the bike store to shop! Plus I need to get some of those stupid plastic screws that are underneath the rear cowl and attach that and the undertail to the bike because mine are all stripped. I hate plastic

Mike

Old 02-23-2008, 02:38 PM
Default RE: This winter bites - random post

No kidding. This winter is miserable. I got my snowmobile stuck in all the snow a week ago. It's still there because no was is the tractor making it through all the snow to pull it out, so there it sits until some of this white **** melts.
I checked your profile to see if you put what part of wisconsin you're from. One of my roommates is dating a girl from Sussex, we all go to school at UW-Platteville, and I'm from Richland Center.

Just try and keep it together man. I've spent over $300 on the bike so far this winter just trying to keep it together, it helps. But I think the snow is going to start melting here, the weather is looking like its going to warm up a little.

Old 02-23-2008, 03:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

old man winter can suck on my *****...**** him in his stupid miserable ***...

Old 02-23-2008, 05:06 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

I hear ya, same crappy place as you. Totally sick to death of it.

Snow on a side note, i have a Hotbodes undertail on mine and it kept coming down. I used pop rivets, aluminum. If you really ever need to take it off they drill out really easy, and i just put afew drops of Honda red nail polish on them and you can hardly see them.

Old 02-23-2008, 05:21 PM

Yeah, I've been feeling the same way guys. I actually got up today because it hit 35* and the roads were mostly clear. It's sad that 30's seem warm but it should be over soon.

Old 02-23-2008, 06:47 PM

I feel you guy's I live in MA,and just got a foot of snow. This winter really does suck *** just the other day it was 50 degrees out.

Old 02-23-2008, 09:19 PM

word.. NY here.. got a brand new bike with 0 miles on it just waiting for the salt to be rained off and weather to warm up.

Old 02-23-2008, 09:33 PM

ORIGINAL: OKIEZAC

word.. NY here.. got a brand new bike with 0 miles on it just waiting for the salt to be rained off and weather to warm up.

Don't wait on the salt. I rode today on many a white road. If the salt is still in rocks, ride like it's gravel. If it's not, get out there and ride. If your hands get cold, pull off and heat them on your engine and clutch covers. Be careful of wet and cold tires. I had a slip up today when I punched it too soon after getting out of some wet. It's still ok to ride as long as you've scouted a route and keep yourself under control.

Old 02-23-2008, 09:41 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

"winter" sucks here too guys ! it was like mid 50's and raining [:@]and it just so happened its been raining on my 3 day weekend . oh well monday it will be high 60's and sunny so ill make up for it then.

Old 02-23-2008, 09:44 PM

supposed to be 60ish here tomorrow in mississippi. I'm goin ridin!!! woo wooo!! I did the same thing earlier with the helmet shopping and ended up buying me a new fulmer.

Quick Reply: This winter bites - random post