Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Windscreen suggestions...

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 03:28 PM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windscreen suggestions...

alright i have previously blacked out my OEM windshield, but it's been through some abuse and besides that, i would like to have one that is at least PARTIALLY translucent...

that being said...i want to get a new dark smoke windscreen...

from what i have read, most have some sort of fitment issues...some are REALLY close, but none are perfect...so that aside....

what's a nice one....and should i go with the double bubble or stay with just a stock shape? i don't want the bike to look like a touring bike, but if i could get some increased aerodynamics....???

soooo....like i said...standard...double bubble...and what brands if any...lemme know what you think (if you got pics, greatly appreciated)

Old 02-18-2008, 03:30 PM
Banned
Default RE: Windscreen suggestions...

Puig. OK I guess. not as nice as a buddies Zero- gravity on his RR.

Old 02-18-2008, 03:37 PM

im wondering the same thing, whats the best looking dark smoke windscreen available, an di dont wanna look anything like a touring bike, if anything i wanna look sleeker.

Old 02-18-2008, 03:43 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ffingers

what's a nice one....and should i go with the double bubble or stay with just a stock shape? i don't want the bike to look like a touring bike, but if i could get some increased aerodynamics....???

soooo....like i said...standard...double bubble...and what brands if any...lemme know what you think (if you got pics, greatly appreciated)

it's mostly just personal preference. I like my ZG DB, it adds a bit of aerodynamic over stock (not a lot, a little) .. mines on 954 but friend has it on F4i and didn't have fitment issues that I'm aware of.

Old 02-18-2008, 03:47 PM
Registered Users

that looks nice...i like the ZG doubles...from what i have seen...i am leaning that way...any other pics of ZG doubles? preferably on an f4i?

Old 02-18-2008, 03:50 PM
Registered Users

hey kewl...not trying to thread jack my own thread[:'(]....

i see you got the headlight mesh...in silver...looks NICE...i have it in black on mine right now but the stuff i got is sort of crappy...it was black printed on white vinyl so it scratches and leaves white...is that silver vinyl...or is it silve color on white vinyl....

where'd you get yours? oh and was one piece big enough for the whole light? take a look at my diary thread to see mine....

Old 02-18-2008, 03:56 PM

how much are those ZG's anyway?

Old 02-18-2008, 04:11 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ffingers

hey kewl...not trying to thread jack my own thread [:'(]....

i see you got the headlight mesh...in silver...looks NICE...i have it in black on mine right now but the stuff i got is sort of crappy...it was black printed on white vinyl so it scratches and leaves white...is that silver vinyl...or is it silve color on white vinyl....

where'd you get yours? oh and was one piece big enough for the whole light? take a look at my diary thread to see mine....

I've had no scratch issues whatsoever with mine. Only thing is it's a bit tough to get the bugs out of it but not that big of a deal.

No it's straight out silver (no white lining). It's nice thick vinyl but I honestly don't remember where I got it, I do remember it was about $40 (including s&h) and it was precut exactly to the size of my light (you order based on your bike). If you want to save a few bucks you can get that exact same material (with the tiny holes in it) from any sign shop for probably around $15 to $20 but they'll give it to you as one square piece and you'll have to cut it yourself unless you give them an eps outline of the exact size dimensions that they can use on their plotter.

I'll check my receipts tonight when I get home and see if I kept the receipt of where I bought it from.

I've read some sites claim it cuts light by about 5%-10% ... With oem bulbs I did notice some light reduction but after I installed silverstar bulbs I barely notice any light reduction if any (actually much brighter now with then with no vinyl and oem bulbs).

Just make sure that it's legal in your state.

Old 02-18-2008, 04:35 PM

ffingers, i just found this thread with pics of a dB windscreen.

Old 02-18-2008, 04:37 PM
Registered Users

yeah that would be awesome kewl....please look it up...bending it with a square sheet was a bitch..did not turn out as nice as i had hoped...precut would be perfect...plus as i said in my writeup, it was too small and i had to make a little cut to fill in the gap which doesn't look good at all[:@]....

i would love to know who you got it from....as for the legality...i live in chicago, they don't care about nothing here...plus i will be putting in HIDs...maybe a retrofit ....so i am not worried about light output....so if you find the place, let me know...

@hayden...the ZGs at kneedraggers go for about $78....but there is an outlet place that voodoo knows of (i think it was ZG)...something like zgoutlet.com or something....for like $50ish I THINK!

also hayden, pm your email addy so i can add you to the fantasy bb league!

Quick Reply: Windscreen suggestions...