Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Wind Sucks!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 09:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wind Sucks!

Well this Saturday I went and got the bike out of my mom's shed and moved it to my house. The tmeps were in the 40's and the roads were dry. The wind was blowing hard at times, but it's only a 3 mile ride. I have ridein in bad wind before and have only had one close call on the freeway due to it. I start out and all is fine then I get to this one stop light about a mile from my house. The wind was so strong that it almost blew me over at the light. That was the worst mile I have ever rode for sure-I was doing all I could the keep her right side up, but I made it and spent the next hour and a half cleaning the bike. Now she in my garage and looking good.

Yeasterday the wind was so strong that when my Step dad went to get out of my mom's 2006 Cherokee Limited that the wind ripped the door out of his hand and bent the hindges real bad and now the door hit the fendor when you open it and chipped the paint. I hate wind.

That's all.

Old 02-11-2008, 09:21 AM
Default RE: Wind Sucks!

I was gonna go for a ride yesterday. sun was shining bright, roads were dry bUt i heard the loud roar of the heavy wind and saw the tree tops almost hitting the ground so i stayed home.

+1 wind Sucks!!

Old 02-11-2008, 09:28 AM

Yup, yesterday was bad. 50+ mph gusts, i didn't even try it. Today there is no wind, but the high might not break freezing. Boo.

Old 02-11-2008, 09:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't you love on windy days when you have to sit mid-lean just to keep it straight up? Haha, weirdest feeling to be hangin off and going straight.

Old 02-11-2008, 10:07 AM

Hey simple question guys?

When is it not safe to ride in wind? .. I was riding around for the past 2 days and we've been having wind gusts up to 45mphs. The first day when the wind was bad (35mph gusts)I did about 40 miles or so. Probably the worst I've been in (just cruising, not riding agressively). The wind would change the bikes direction by a whole lane. Yesterday, I only did 2 miles, so that wasn'tbad.

Thanks, Crash

Old 02-11-2008, 10:10 AM
VP

I hit 285 goin over to meet Jared (thirdgen) yesterday and I swear I was only going like 45-50 on a steep left hander and all of a sudden a gust came through (no idea how hard) but it took me from the left side of the lane all the way to the shoulder... scared the chyt outta me!!!!

Old 02-11-2008, 10:12 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Crash, i would assume that would be a personal judgment call on whether or not its too windy for YOU. i've been in some windy ****, and to make matters worse..........its was at the top of a tall bridge 4 miles or so from my house. i've also had to cross that bridge in gusty winds AND heavy downpour of rain. what makes it worse is that i need to be moving at a quick pace going over it........it seems the slower i go when its windy up there, the more i get pounded by the gusts.........and wouldnt ya know it, every car craaaaawls accross that bridge. its annoying, i mean honestly, if you're scared ofbrigdes......dont tie up traffic!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-11-2008, 10:35 AM

Thanks Jaynd,

Yah, I find bridges are the worse!

Old 02-11-2008, 10:43 AM

ORIGINAL: crashkhanman

Hey simple question guys?

When is it not safe to ride in wind? .. I was riding around for the past 2 days and we've been having wind gusts up to 45mphs. The first day when the wind was bad (35mph gusts)I did about 40 miles or so. Probably the worst I've been in (just cruising, not riding agressively). The wind would change the bikes direction by a whole lane. Yesterday, I only did 2 miles, so that wasn'tbad.

Thanks, Crash
that to me does'nt sound safe...

Old 02-11-2008, 10:43 AM

****.. i rode from oklahoma city to memphis, 8hrs long, in POURING rain and STRONG winds. worst ride of my life.

Quick Reply: Wind Sucks!