Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Will My Bike Be Cool In Ten Years? Deep Thought About The Future

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 04:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In '82 I bought a brand new Suzuki GS1100E. In its day there wasn't much that would touch it. Now I have an '06 f4i that can do anything that 1100 could do, and more. But when I look at pictures of that old 1100, in my eyes it's still one of the most awesome bikes ever. I guess what I'm saying is 10 years from now you'll look back at your f4i and know it's still cool regardless of anyone's opinion.

Old 08-23-2010, 04:44 PM

of course your bike will still be cool in 10 years cause you will still think its cool damn what other people think as long as its cool to you then you still got a cool bike no matter how old lol

Old 08-24-2010, 04:11 AM

We own Honda's, it'll be cool (and reliable) for a long long time.

My bike is a work in progress, although a slow one at that but at least I try to add tasteful aesthetic mods and productive performance mods when i have the funds. I have no doubt it'll still be cool in 2020.

I had a modded 94 Celica that was still cool when i sold it in 2008. Like others said, nothing really newly innovative with cars other than hybrids and electrics which are still too pricey at this point. where are the flying cars that we we're promised back in the day??

Old 08-24-2010, 05:28 AM

where are the flying cars that we we're promised back in the day??
I think the idea was cancelled as it would be awful hard to text and put on make up while flying.

There are actually tons of inovations, we just don't hear about them. Most of them, are far too expensive to incorporate into vehicles. If you think about it, they had fuel injection in the 50's, and it took over 30 years for it to become cost effective and perform well enough to put into everyday cars. Sure, there were a few cars that had it, but it was so primitive, it never really caught on for mass production.

I don't see electric cars or bikes being the way of the future. I realize that with all of the global warming bs, a lot of restrictions have been placed on manufacturers to get cleaner. But what about all of the power plants that would have to be built to supply power for all of the cars? What about replacing batteries every 4-5 years in these vehicles? what about the polution to make and dispose of all of those battery cells? I don't see switching to electricity as being a clean alternative in the long run. Maybe certain states would jump on.. (california), but electric cars are not the answer for everywhere.

If nothing else, manufacturers being restricted has actually led to more performance. The best performing engines are also the cleanest. Just look at the hp numbers between now and the 90's. engines that run cleaner, quieter, more efficient, and double and even triple the power of the same engine displacements of just a decade ago. I think as new technology and the cost of materials comes down, we will be looking at very fuel efficient and powerful cars and bikes. We will see 200hp liter bikes as common place. 140hp 600's are not far off either.

but to get back to the original question. Yes, your bike will still be cool in 10 years.

Old 08-24-2010, 05:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got my bike 12 years ago & I (& a few other people I know) still think it's cool.
My thoughts these days (being an old fart) are more like, 'Will I still be alive in 10 years?"

Old 08-24-2010, 08:03 AM

I'm 23 and I'm still cool

Old 08-24-2010, 08:18 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

lol I guess I started this thread to talk about future innovations anyone has heard about....... guess this thread = FAIL lol

Old 08-28-2010, 04:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's my opinion, and really the only one that matter :P

Do woman that don't ride, ever say your bike ISN'T cool? They don't know years, models, or speeds. All they know is it goes fast, and has two wheels, and may, on occasion "look pretty"

Also, it's the same debate about whether clutch pedals will disappear. There will always be a select few people that no matter how much time passes still love and cherish gas powered sport bikes for what they were, and what they are.

Look at Porsche. Sure old ones might not be the "coolest" or "fastest", but I'll be damned if they're any less 'cool' as the newer cookie cutter ones being produced today.

My last point, electric bikes can, and may take over one day. When that time comes (if it does) I can't wait. Imagine, you plug your bike into your windmill when you get home, and in the morning, you can ride it again. You never have to pay for fuel ever again. Plus, your power is 100% from the time you touch the throttle. Hooray for instant torque.

I'm excited for the future.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Zero1080
Look at Porsche. Sure old ones might not be the "coolest" or "fastest", but I'll be damned if they're any less 'cool' as the newer cookie cutter ones being produced today.
I beg to differ, the old Porcshes are the coolest Porsches

Old 08-28-2010, 01:44 PM

future honda

Quick Reply: Will My Bike Be Cool In Ten Years? Deep Thought About The Future