Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Why are we destroying what we love?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 01:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why are we destroying what we love?

Ok everyone i know ill get flamed for this but oh well..

Once again i pose the question, Why are we destroying what we love? Ive noticed in the last 24 hours or so that this place has become alarmingly hostile in general. I think the fundamental break down started when we quit showing respect for each other and ourselves. Currently there are 2 threads going strong where we are bickering back and forth. What does this say to our new member*s who just joined? Where is the loving, caring CBR Forum that i love? If i came to this forum right now and saw what was going on i would leave with the impression that this is a hostile, flaming forum where we all know thats not the case. I*m not trying to take one side or another. I just cant sit back anylonger and watch us destroy ourselves,each other and what we love. A few mod*s asked that we keep the whoring to a min. I understand this and try to respect it although i have been guilty of whoring. If we dont make a solid united front we are only hurting ourselves. I understand its easy to get caught up in the moment of bsing/ joking around with each other but when a mod steps in and ask kindly for us to back it off a bit how about we comply and say no prob? I think it all got a little out of hand today with everyone in the other thread. We are able to use this great forum and gain valuable knowledge and advice, but at the same time this forum is only what we make it. If the mods dont support each other you will have a total breakdown like what happened earlier, trust me ive seen it a million times when correctional officers dont stand together and put up a unified front. Chainstretcher should of never had to step in and put a stop to it personally this afternoon. We should have stopped when first asked. Then the mods should of said together stop it, and when some of us older members saw it wasnt happening should of stepped up and backed up the mods, i myself am guilty of not following through with this. I cant stand idolly by and watch this place be destroyed by us. Some of you know im facing some tough times right now but you have all pitched in to help me out, thats what i love about this place. the COMRADIRE. I personally vow to quit my postwhoring and respect all of my fellow men and women. Lets make this place what it was and still can be, a place to come and get sound advice and let off some steam when we have all had a rough day. It all comes down to respect for your fellow man/woman. I know im rambling now and will wrap this up but i could go on forever. I just ask that we all take a second, dig deep, and think: could i of offended someone with what im about to post or say? Will this upset everyone? Am i postwhoring? lets all just remember to take a second and think before we type, its easier to hit the "erase" button than it is to out with something that you will regret later when youve cooled off. I will even start it. I*m sorry for anything i have said that offended any member of the forum. Im sorry for my postwhoring. Lets make CBR Forums what it should be, what it can be, and what it will be if we all pitch in. A little effort goes a long way. That is all.

Will

Old 10-29-2008, 02:04 AM
Default RE: Why are we destroying what we love?

I don't care how bad things get or how bad people argue. I'll always come back. Why? Because I love CBR's. I love hondas. I love talking about bikes, and I love to ride. I've made a lot of friends on here and have had the pleasure of riding with some of you. I'll never give up in this forum. I'll still be here even if everyone leaves.

Old 10-29-2008, 02:10 AM

i have also met some awsome people on here and gotten to ride with them and like you FLYOU ill keep coming back, as a matter of fact theres a new rider thats from my town on here! its awsome

Old 10-29-2008, 02:15 AM

for every hate or meaninglessness post, there's hundreds of awesome, helpful, funny, friendly posts.

then there's 'voodoo' posts

Old 10-29-2008, 02:24 AM

ORIGINAL: FLYOU
then there's 'voodoo' posts
Not trying to start anything are ya? voodoo makes me crack up a lot whenever he posts..
and these threads are starting to flood the forum.. I think I can count at least 10 times people have mentioned this.. I guess I kinda posted the first one though with my thread about people needing to calm down :/ Well it is kinda sad that this is what it's come to lately.. at least it's contained in the off topic section.

Old 10-29-2008, 02:51 AM

ORIGINAL: thisismyacct

Not trying to start anything are ya?
haha no that dude cracks me up! october is national sarcasm month which certifies me to be a smart *** to everyone both at work and on here lol

edit: my coworkers can't wait for october to be over so i can stop. it's been getting pretty brutal

Old 10-29-2008, 03:00 AM

ORIGINAL: FLYOU

ORIGINAL: thisismyacct

Not trying to start anything are ya?
haha no that dude cracks me up! october is national sarcasm month which certifies me to be a smart *** to everyone both at work and on here lol

edit: my coworkers can't wait for october to be over so i can stop. it's been getting pretty brutal
I know what ya mean :P being a sarcastic dick is the most fun.

Egh.. that came out a bit wrong.. I'm gonna add this on the end. Lol I get yer sarcasm. I enjoy being a sarcastic dick from time to time. Not calling you a dick :P

Old 10-29-2008, 03:23 AM

What'd I miss?

Come on people, seriously. I want the old CBRforum back from this last winter

Old 10-29-2008, 03:38 AM

That is def. the BEST thing about this forum...With the exception of a few people *cough*nauree*cough*..No one flames anyone. like 99% of the other forums out there. Its insane, you cant say anything without someone being a d!ck to you. Its never been like that here. and i think thats why alot of people stick around. And no offense nauree, theres gotta be one person like that..might as well be you. atleast you add some humor in sometimes.

Old 10-29-2008, 03:48 AM

Please dont drag that stuff into this thread man.. I dont want it going down in here too. Honestly man, you are trying to start something by naming names and pointing fingers.. lets just chill out for a while and let people cool off. Its getting a bit old.

Quick Reply: Why are we destroying what we love?