Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Why oh why?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 03:47 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Why oh why?

Is there not chit on after 4am? Im trying to switch my sleep cycle since im working nights this month and im already tired of COD cause i cant focus on the game. Im watching the last episode of cops that ends in 15 mins and after that everything goes to Paid Programming. Gaa i hate working nights. I wish i had a garage so i could do random stuff to my bike.

Old 03-04-2011, 04:41 AM

I guess i like to spend money when im bored. Just ordered my TST industries FE. Think im about to go to the gym.

Old 03-04-2011, 04:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I drove Taxis, I did a 12 hour shift, 3pm to 3am + I worked 7 days a week.
So everyone is a sleep, except for other Taxi drivers, cops, truckies, ambulance drivers, pro's & people to sh*t faced to know what time it was.
I used to go bowling, movies, played cards with other drivers & so on, but that is only good for so many days. I found reading to be a good way to unwind & relax, a few 3 fingers of scotch helped to.

Old 03-04-2011, 05:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i work nights, it kinda sucks. 6:30pm to anywhere from 2:30-5am. i pretty much just shower and sleep when i get home because theres nobody to talk to and nothing on tv. usually wake up around 9 or 10, do the fb thing and watch tv till 12 then sleep again till 5:30.

Old 03-04-2011, 06:16 AM

Man taxis sound pretty legit pacemaker. haha

But yeah my shifts are 11pm-7am so i can sleep till 1 then get up do my stuff and nap from 9-10 before i gotta get ready. Not a horrible time but my days off suck.

Old 03-04-2011, 06:52 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave

That's why I love my DVR. I frequently record some old Mash episode or whatever and when I find myself saying something like, "There's nothing on" (even though there's 250 channels of something on) I watch that.

You don't have any DVD movies, Time Life WWII documentaries, etc., laying around?

Old 03-04-2011, 07:11 AM
2011 Ride of the Year

after you watch few hours of tv, you get board anyways. so it doesnt matter whats on. so you have to split up the things you like to do and do them between watching tv. that way youre not too board with the tv. play some video games.....

Old 03-04-2011, 07:28 AM

Since you have internet access try fastpasstv.com. Over the years I had gotten behind on great shows like Prison Break. Not anymore. I even watched Megamind while bored at worked when it first came out. There is enough content on that site to keep you busy. I turned my mom onto it and it seemed like everynight after working 15 hour days she would be at home watching season of Greys Anatomy....

Old 03-04-2011, 09:02 AM

When I was going to school in ohio I worked 12-8 for some time. On days I didn't work I often found myself spending a lot of time on the internet or just out driving. Sometimes I'd go to the cemetery or the reservoir or a park and just sit and think. Always had a pen and paper in case I felt like doing any writing too.

Or you could go wander around walmart- Did a lot of that too...

Old 03-04-2011, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by jp_greenville13
When I was going to school in ohio I worked 12-8 for some time. On days I didn't work I often found myself spending a lot of time on the internet or just out driving. Sometimes I'd go to the cemetery or the reservoir or a park and just sit and think. Always had a pen and paper in case I felt like doing any writing too.

Or you could go wander around walmart- Did a lot of that too...

Sounds like you were suffering from depression!