Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Why don't we have...

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 08:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Why don't we have...

Looking at protection for Yolie and there's a LOT. Stator covers, clutch covers, timing covers, fork sliders, rear axle sliders... looking at a small fortune in protection. But where's this stuff for Honda???

How many people have replaced a stator cover after a drop or low side? Scuffed up covers are tells about past drops. I don't think the BMW is significantly more fragile than our tanks. But it seems like a good idea for one bike would be a good idea for all bikes

Old 02-27-2012, 08:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only thing ive never seen for hondas are the timing covers. Would those even help in a crash? I just spent a good amount of money on carbon fiber parts ordering all those other covers and sliders and now im just waiting to order my stator cover. I thought about getting some fork sliders too. All the stuff from pro-fiber is reinforced with kevlar too. My clutch cover is VERY thick and feels very solid, you can tell it wasnt made just to dress up the bike, itll definitely protect my clutch cover in the event i go down. Im assuming their stator covers are the same way.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:30 PM
Nov 2011 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im not sure if your comparing your F3 in that regard but typically parts and accessories are readily available for the latest and most current bikes and drop off significantly after the model production stops.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check Woodcraft and Yoshimura for protective parts.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:52 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

and a lot of it is is for newer bikes.... not f3s, 900rr, 954s, 929s, f4is, etc.

the 1000rr has a lot of protective parts